Gun-9

The stark appearance of the illuminating moon appears to be ecstatic. As I followed Xipher with my gaze, the wind started to blow more. Before he left, his eyes screamed for passion and authority. That was the catalyst for all of it. 

"I can't believe that I lost my sister tonight," I heard Matthew's voice. 

I almost forgot about his presence. This is not normal anymore. I locked up my eyes to him and all I can see and feel is pain. 

"I'm sorry for your loss but, rules are rules, Lieutenant. Alam mo 'yan. Sadly, Hailey chose to take the wrong path," I said, trying to compensate him. 

"Alam ko. How I really wish that you won't end up killing your loved ones just because of these rules, Amalia," he coldly said before leaving me with numerous questions. 

I never really thought about that. What if I'll end up killing the people that I treasure the most just because I'm following the rules?

Come on, Amalia, don't think about that. You can trust your family and friends. They will never disobey the rules. They already knew about the consequences. 

"Amalia! Oh good thing, you're safe," someone suddenly said and hugged me tight. 

Just by the scent of her hair, alam na alam ko na agad kung sino ito. I smiled upon hugging her back. 

"I'm fine, mommy. You don't need to worry about me," I told her. 

She withdrew the hug but her both hands remained on my shoulders. She eyed me from head to toe. I followed the movement of her eyes and just by looking at her, I felt a very familiar happiness. She's too sweet and caring. That's why I love her. 

"Mom, I'm really okay. Ako dapat ang nagtatanong kung okay ka ba o hindi," I pouted. 

She pinched my cheeks and laughed a bit. She hugged me again quickly and finally let go. She smiled at me like she's happy about something unusual again. 

"Paano ako hindi magiging okay, anak. Hindi ako pinabayaan ng mapapangasawa mo," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes and faced her with so much uneasiness. Oh gosh, she can just tell me that she's totally fine. Bakit ba kailangan pang i-mention ang lalaking 'yon? 

"You're not supposed to show me your grumpy face, darling. You should smile and be happy. Xipher is a good man for you," she said and laughed again, wickedly.

"Mom, you're too obvious that you admire Xipher. Don't be like that. Hindi pa tayo sure kung matutuloy ba ang kasal," I told her. 

"Oh no--" she gasped and covered her lips as if I told her something crazy and interesting.

"It's not what you think, mommy. I'm not acting bitter here," I sarcastically told her.

It's obvious that she's thinking about some deep relationship between me and Xipher. We don't even have a good relationship or even just civil treatment. Masyado siyang papresko at walang magawa sa buhay. 

"I never said a thing, Amalia. Don't be too negative, okay?" she said while grinning widely.

"Whatever, mom," I said and rolled my eyes. 

"Oh, by the way darling, you need to rest. I will send someone for your dinner. Okay?.  Take care, I love you so much," she added ang kissed me on my left check. 

She even pinched it before she bid her goodbye. Why do I have a sweet but childish mother?. But then again, I'm very blessed to have them. 

I sighed heavily and took my way back to the unit. I was clearly thinking about some nonsense bullshit when I suddenly saw Alayah enter the building anxious and breathing heavily. It's as if she's been into a long run and there's someone running for her.