Gun-34

The explosion and the movement of the ground disturbed the whole place. Alayah immediately came closer and whispered something to me. 

"I know that he's planning to kill you, Amalia. Protect your chest with your ice and pretend to be dead, okay?" she said. 

Even if I can't somehow understand the situation, I nodded. 

She stood up again and pulled her gun from her jeans pocket. I was too shocked because of the memories which suddenly came back but I tried to follow her advice. 

I secretly created an ice shield behind the uniform I'm wearing. That's exactly when the man who's much stronger than Matthew escaped Alayah's trick and aimed his gun towards me. 

My eyes widened when he immediately pulled the trigger of his pistol aiming for my chest. Alayah was right, he's really planning to hurt me. 

When the bullet reached me, I suddenly fell not because it touched my heart but because of the sudden impact. I can feel how the pressure and force was created just to kill me. At that exact moment, I pretended to be dead and closed my eyes. All I need is to trust Alayah this time. 

I heard other sounds of gunshots and the ground moved again. The chaos reached my ears and before I could open my eyes, the other man was now gone but Matthew was there.....stuck on the ground with his lifeless body. 

I trembled again before forcing myself to stand up. I suddenly remembered Hadley's lifeless body. Before I could compose myself fully, I fell on my knees again. 

Alayah came closer and helped me to stand up. She let me sit on one of the huge stones after a few minutes of walking.

"Are you okay, Lia?" Alayah worriedly asked. 

I was lost for a moment and I don't exactly know what to do and what to feel. It's as if I woke up in the middle of a strange dream and I found out that my existence is too hard to explain. 

"Lia?" she asked again. 

We're already in front of the right building of the campus at kitang-kita ko ang walang buhay na katawan ni Matthew. Halos hindi ko lubos maisip na sinubukan niya akong saktan at patayin. 

"I'm fine," I said with my trembling voice.

She removed her cloak and placed it on my shoulders. I can still feel the pain on my foot but the realization hits differently.

"I'm going to kill that man," Alayah whispered with her voice, full of hatred. 

"What happened?" I unconsciously asked. 

Her expression became soft and she suddenly looked away. That made me wonder for more. Did something happen while I was gone? 

"Alayah," I called for her again. 

She forced herself to meet my eyes but her emotions made it very clear for me. I can feel how anxious she is right now. 

"You were betrayed by everyone, Lia," she said with a low voice. 

"What are you talking about?" I curiously asked. 

"Hadley was killed by the traitors because she knew something during that time. Someone from the main city reported your supposed wedding to the traitors and they used that peaceful day to attack us," she explained. 

"Who killed Hadley?"

I can still feel the pain on my foot but I chose to not mind that as of now. I know that our time gap is very huge. I don't know how many years have passed! I've been here for too long.