Gun-31

"Inject epinephrine. 150 joules charge."

The place was covered with murmors and soft cries. I don't know what's happening but I felt how someone is trying to revive my heart.

Malapit na ba akong mamatay?

"Charge," the Doctor said.

It was only a matter of seconds when I finally felt my heartbeat. The sound of the ticking machine surrounded the whole place. Hindi ko mabuksan ng nga mata ko pero naririnig ko ang ingay sa paligid.

"Thank goodness," I heard my father said.

I felt how the doctor put the oxygen back and my breathing became stable. I wanted to speak but I can't. The whole place seems so cold and I can't even grasp for what's really happening.

"Mr. and Mrs. Abrantes, your daughter is temporarily stable. Her heart may continue to beat for now but we still need to monitor her. Her condition is not that good." I heard the Doctor suddenly said.

What happened to me? Why am I here?

I heard how the door opened and closed after after a few seconds. Naramdaman ko ang marahan paghawak ng kung sino man sa kaliwang palad ko. It feels so surreal and unexpected.

"Lia, please don't leave us yet. I have so many things to say and I want to at least experience how to be a good mom to you. I'm so sorry for everything," she said in between her cries.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry," she added.

I felt something touched my heart. My tears suddenly fell without my consent. That's not because I'm sad but because I'm too glad to hear those from her. It felt so comforting and warm.

"Hon, you also need to sleep," my dad said.

He withdrew her hands from mine and I heard some footsteps going away from me.

It's funny how I can see darkness right now but I can feel how bright the mood is. The serenity was comforted with another melody which caused my heart to flutter.

Upon too many thoughts, I felt the peace and I fell asleep again.

The next morning, I can now fully control my senses. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to blink just to feel that I'm already moving on my own.

When I roamed my eyes around, I saw my father sipping his coffee while sitting on the sofa. I can't see my mom inside so she's probably busy about something or she's just outside.

My father suddenly turned his gaze towards me and when our eyes met, his eyes widened. He immediately placed the cup of coffee on the table and hurriedly came closer.

"Lia, are you awake now? Can you hear me?" he panicked.

I slowly nodded to ensure him that I'm totally fine. A glint of tear escaped from his eyes and that melted my heart. I was longing for his love and affection the whole time and now that I can finally feel it, I feel so happy and contented.

He immediately ran outside and called for the doctor in charge. I stayed there, still unable to move my whole body. I still don't know what happened to me.

"Amalia, can you see this?" the doctor asked while showing me his thumb.

I nodded and that made him smiled. I really think I was comatosed or under a vegetative state for a long time. My whole body is numb and I felt so weak.

"How about this?" he asked and showed me his three fingers.

I nodded again to answer him. He wrote something on his record chart and faced my Dad. He's now smiling from ear to ear.