B E G I N N I N G S

Finally, summer had come to an end and we were on the scarlet red train now. Saying goodbye to our parents was just like any year. Hug, Kisses, dad not wanting to let go of me. But after prying myself off dad, we made it on the train and sat in a compartment close to the end. 'Anything from the trolley!' We heard the plump women shout from the hallway. Hermione was reading the daily profit that she got from a paperboy just before she got on the train. It was the first thing she talked about. It's the first thing she talked about, not how summer was a blast and family vacations like normal teenagers. No, she talked about people trying to kill muggle-borns.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" The lady came up to our compartment with quite a sweet voice. Ron shot up at the sight "A packet of droobles and a licorice wand. On second thought just the droobles." I could tell he was embarrassed that he didn't have enough money for both. "It's alright I'll get it," Harry said. I watched him dig into his pockets for the change. Even I could admit he was the most generous person I could think of, even though he's a jerk sometimes.

"Two pumpkin pasties please" Cho came up from behind and said hi to Harry in her melodic Irish accent. I laughed at his face turning red and Ron hit me. "Oi! who you laughing at?" Ron asked "Harry... Isn't it obvious; look at the way he looks at Cho" I am dying with laughter at this point when Harry walks back into the compartment. "What's so funny?" He asks "Nothing," I say quickly holding in my laughter. 

"This is horrible, how can the ministry not know who conjured it? Isn't there any security?" Hermione was still reading the daily profit with a look of disbelief. "Loads, according to dad. That's what's so scary about it. Happened right under their noses" Ron answered. "Their noses? who's the 'they' we are talking about? Cause if it's the ministry I'm not surprised, Fudge is incompetent" I explained as I pulled the paper away and passed it to Ron. He was right it was scary, we thought that death eaters were all in Azkaban by now. "Oi, dad works for the ministry!" Ron fired back. "Yes, Ron I know what my father does for a living" I replied with a sarcastic tone. "I'm just saying if Dumbledore was the Minister this wouldn't have happened" 

Ron and I bickered more about politics and the ministry when I noticed Harry scratching his forehead, and I knew something was up. "It's hurting again isn't it?" I asked him getting everyone else's attention. "I'm fine" 

He annoys me sometimes when you can tell he's lying. I hit him right on the head. "OW! now it's hurting." 

"Harry I'm starting to think you are really dafted, if it's hurting do something about it. You and I both know it could mean something" I continued.  "You know Sirius will want to know about this. Your scar and what you saw at the World Cup." 

He nodded and looked out into the window, it was obvious he was worried.

-time skip- at Hogwarts 

All of us sat in the middle of the Gryffindor table waiting for the feast to arrive after the sorting. The sorting was my least favourite part of the whole year at Hogwarts. Yes, they are worse than Snape's exams. After, everyone immediately started to chat. It was quite chaotic but I liked it. 

"Oi! Avery! Having fun are we?" A voice I know all too well was right behind me. Of course, Malfoy had to ruin this. He put his hand on my shoulders, and without even looking I say, "Piss off Malfoy." I shoved him cause he was getting too close for my liking. "Loosen up darling, I thought you'd be more comfortable around men." He said while massaging my shoulders. I fake gagged, he was disgusting. Nevertheless, he still laughed with his friend. 

"Men? Malfoy you are not a man. Your pathetic" I chuckled. "Pathetic am I? Well come up to my dorm and you'll see how pathetic I can get." He smirked and Crabbe and Goyle laughed. "Hey is Malfoy bothering you?" Harry said from a few seats down. "Aw got yourself a girlfriend, Harry? Careful with this one, not sure how loyal she'll stay." I tried to hide my embarrassment, I know none of what he was saying was true. No one believes Malfoy anyway, but it still hurts to have people think of you like that. Of course, I know Harry didn't care what Malfoy said but it was still embarrassing to think about. "Shove off Malfoy." Harry stood up and got in his face. "Ooooo... I wouldn't bother fighting for her Potter, She's just like any other slag." I can see Harry tighten his fist. "Excuse me! Your one to talk Malfoy, you are the definition of a Manwhore. Say it one more time, huh. Say it, I dare you." I say walking closer to him with every word. Now we are face to face, so only me and him can hear what I'm saying. "Next time think about what you say because unlike you, I don't have other people do my dirty work for me. Got it? Now go run off to your daddy"