E F F E C T S

Harry sat down beside a passed out Avery with his face in his hands, when she opened her eyes to see him. "Harry?" She muttered. 

He sighed while looking at her, "Hey, Vee" He smiled. "Please don't tell Ron. I swear nothing happened, I just wanted to have fun without him tailing along" She slurred out, Harry could only understand a little of what she was saying and just nodded. With on last look at her he moved her hair out of her face and put a blanket on over her body. 

--- 

"Avery! Avery Weasley you get up right now" Hermione hissed in a low voice to the girl sleeping on the couch of the common room. 

Avery groaned and placed a hand on her pounding headache she was currently having. "Hermione what time is it?" She sighed out. "6 o'clock in the morning" 

Avery waved her off, "Why the hell are you waking me up this early?" 

"Because you are in the common room, and you wouldn't want Ron seeing you passed out on the couch!" 

With that Avery sat straight up and started walking to her dorm immediately. 

"You know, I was worried sick last night. You said you would be back by 12" Hermione whispered as they both scurried up the stairs. 

"Yea, sorry about that. I was a bit preoccupied" She chuckled, and Hermione's eyes widened to look at her best friend. "Don't tell me you and Cedric-" 

"N- no no, god no. Defiantly not" She shook her head, knowing what Hermione was implying. 

"You know adolescents are more sensitive than adults to alcohol's memory-impairing effects.  Among its many effects on the brain and brain function—such as impairing balance, motor coordination, and decision makingalcohol interferes with the drinker's ability to form memories. Oh and not to mention how the teenage brain isn't fully grown-" 

"Hermione! Jeez, okay I get it" Avery laughed while walking into their dorm. "Just saying, it does a lot of things to the teenage brain" 

"And once you find a hot seventh year who invites you to a party you will do the exact same thing as me, and maybe you'll enjoy yourself. I know I did" Avery smiled at Hermione, who just shook her head. 

"Yea that won't be happening to me anytime soon, sadly" She frowned as she plopped her body down on Avery's bed. "oh come off it! I'm sure there are a good handful of lads who would be more than happy to go to hogsmead with you if you gave them the chance" Avery followed and sat down beside her. 

Lavender exited the bathroom connected and joined in on the conversation. "Oh look at that, she's back in one piece" She scoffed at Avery. "Okay, Lav help out with this one. She could get a boyfriend by the end of the week" 

"Oh yea, definitely. If you asked the right people" 

"That's easy for you to say Brown. Boys practically fall over you " Hermione groaned, falling back on to the scarlet bedding. "Not the ones I want! Plus the one guy I'm remotely attracted to, is head over heals for another girl, he just won't admit it to himself yet" She shrugged. 

"I don't want to think about this anymore, I'm off to the library" Hermione waved off the to gossips. They waved back and Avery immediately was curious. "Lav, c'mon I know who you like" Avery furrowed her eyebrows. "Just tell my brother you like him already. Trust me he'll take anyone at this point. The poor boys desperate."

"Ron? Nah, I do fancy him but I'm afraid he's already got his eyes on someone." She frowned as though he couldn't help it. "Someone else?" Avery questioned. "Well, it's obvious he likes Granger." 

"NO WAY. Oh my god... he has nothing against me now." Avery laughed as she stormed out of the girls dorm. 

"RONALD WEASLEY" The Gryffindor girl had something to play against the red-headed boy now. She opened the door to the boys dorm quickly. "Bloody hell Avery" Ron shifted his weight to look towards Avery, who, at the time was running in to the boys dorm without a care in the world, getting  in the line of sight of everyone. "Vee what the hell? It's like 5 am!" He answered in a very displeased voice. "NO! You, my dear brother, cannot be mad at me about dating Cedric any longer!" She smiled so wide, you would be able to tell her emotions from a mile away. Her brother was quite confused at this statement. She was saying argument points but with a smile on her face. Weird. 

"And why is that?"  Ron blurted out, still quite confused on the subject. "You like GRANGER!" She screamed. Ron's face flushed a very red colour, almost like a tomato. He looked around the room to see all the boys chuckle in their beds"No, no I don't... and would you keep your voice down..." Ronald hissed at the smiling girl, more like a whisper. "YOU DO!" She responded to his hushed voice. "Oh no, no ,no. You don't have a say in my relationships anymore. You like MY best-friend! Ron let out a 'humph', knowing he couldn't do anything about this situation. With that she waved to the boys and happily skipped out of the dorm. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't really understand why Ron is so cross with me. I'm literally 15, nothing to risqué is going to happen." Hermione let out a chuckle at Avery's choice of words. "Vee think of it from your brothers point of view. I mean Cedric has been the Hogwarts heart throb since, what? Second year? He's just trying to be a good brother." She sighed out of defeat. "He sure has a weird way of showing it." 

The two girls were walking out of there third class of the day, potions. Hermione and Avery weren't to fond of the class, but it was better than the intense classes with the deranged Moody. He was absolutely mad. With that class done they headed to the grand hall for lunch.

Sadly, during the week, Avery didn't see much of Cedric. She had the thought in the back of her mind that he was avoiding her, but that was just overthinking it. At least that's what she told herself. She had just hoped the reason was that he was in sixth year and Avery was only in fourth. The only time they would be able to see each other during the day was at meal times. But, Cedric always seemed preoccupied with his friends. She didn't want to intrude or anything. 

She walked into the hall and immediately saw Cedric. Her face visibly blushed red when she saw he caught her eye as well and waved her over. "Um, sorry Mione. Do you mind?" She nodded over to the boy sitting at the Hufflepuff table. "Not at all, I'll find Harry and Ron. Go have fun" She walked off and left Avery to go to the Gryffindor table. 

 She was admiring his charming smile as she walked over. She could see how people respected him as they talked, even the little things, like saying hello. Even the smallest things he did, like, when he would have his mouth full of food. He wouldn't respond he would just half smirk, causing Avery to always laugh at him. 

"Hey" She said breathlessly, as she sat down beside him. 

"Hi" He side hugged her, "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages" 

She sighed with relief. 

"Same, I hope you didn't think I was avoiding you. It's just you always look so busy with your friends and I didn't want to intru-" 

"Av, it's no worries. You can always join us! In fact I would be happier if you did, I miss you" He smiled. 

"Oh also, just wanted to let you know. I think I'm going to put my name in the goblet tonight, if you wanna join." Cedric nudged her slightly causing her to choke a little. "uh- Sure. But Ced, are you sure thats -like -safe?" Deep down Avery was terrified of him entering. "Oh, come off it Av. Theres hundreds of kids putting there name in, it's just a bit of fun. Theres no way my name would actually be pulled." 

She laughed it off and said "Of course Ced." 

Word count: 1402