G L O R Y

"C'mon Cedric!" A Zach yelled. "Alright, alright I'm coming" Cedric shouted while grabbing Avery's hand. 

"Hi boys" She smiled and waved. They all said hi back, but they could both tell they were eager to get to the goblet. Cedric held her hand and dragged her to the grand hall, where the goblet was. "Come on Cedric, put it in!" Justin yelled. Cedric gave Avery a quick kiss on the cheek and put the piece of parchment in the blue flame. Avery watched as the illuminated flame danced on top of the goblet in front of her with hidden fear behind her eyes. Honestly, she thought that the prize of the tournament was incredible, and her family could use it immensely. But, the price of injury to those she loved, or even as far as death couldn't come close to being worth the prize money or eternal glory. The girl stared at the cup as everyone cheered at Cedric, even Ron; though he did it reluctantly. 

"Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it?" Ron asked Harry. "Better you than me." He shrugged off the comment. Avery was about to leave the room, but she told Cedric she was going to stay with Hermione. The redheaded girl sat stood beside her twin, her thoughts interrupted by Ron "Golden boy decided to go for eternal glory, I see". 

"He's free to make his own choices Ronald. Obviously, i'm not the biggest fan of the idea, but he seems to have everything under control" 

Suddenly, her older brothers come running in with two miles in their hands. "LADS, we've done it. Cooked it up just this morning." George exclaimed. "It's not going to work." Hermione said in a sing-song voice. "oh yeah, whys that Granger?" Fred asked. "You see this" She pointed at the light blue glowing line around the cup. "This is an age line, Dumbledore drew it himself." Avery chuckled "I don't think they care Hermione." She was right, they didn't. 

"Right you are sis, right you are" The twins gave a wink and then crossed arms to drink the potion. Both of them jumped into the circle waiting with anticipation of what would happen. The crowd that had gathered to watch the brothers all waited in silence for the next move of the unpredictable pair. Once nothing catastrophic happened the boys cheered, as did the crowd. Hermione seemed to be not completely sold on the idea, still reading her potions book. They both put their names in, and after a couple of seconds, they flew out of the circle. The crowd murmured with disappointment as the twin's backs hit the stone of the floor. 

As soon as the duo raised their heads the effects of the potion started to appear on the teenagers, turning them into aging men that looked similar to the headmaster. "You said?!" 

"You said!" The twins repeated back at each other with venom in their voices; with that, they started to wrestle with each other in front of everyone. This led all the students to burst into laughter, with a few chanting 'fight!" over again. Cedric found Avery through the cheering and roaring crowd.

"Does this happen frequently" Cedric spoke lowly to Avery. "More than I would admit" She chuckled up at him. "Your family sure is something" 

"You could say that" She chuckled at the boy.

---------------------------------------

Cedric and Avery were walking around near the lake, admiring the view of the blackness of the waters.  "I wonder if they're mermaids in those waters" She inquired. "I doubt it" He shrugged. "Why? Look how deep it is. There has to be something in there" She added. "Maybe... Have you ever gone swimming in the lake before?" He asked. "No, it's not allowed" To that reply, he giggled down at her. "So? It's fun" 

"Aren't you a perfect Cedric?" She gasped in a mocking manner. "my, my, you are quite observant" He laughed. "It's beyond me how you haven't gotten caught when you follow none of the rules" 

"I guess I'm just a favourite" He smirked. "I guess you are" She looked up at him as he slowed down. "Um, listen i know we've only known eachother for a little bit. But, i really like you. Like really like you Avery" She didn't respond to the boy, if she was honest she was in shock. "And you don't have to say yes of course, or anything. I know this is all new to you and all, the last thing i would want is for you to feel uncomartable-" With that she went on her tiptoes and gave Cedric a quick soft kiss on his lips. He looked down on her, reteurning the same look of shock she had just moments ago. "You're a ramberler, y'know?" She said with wit. "Am I?" He replied with the same tone as he smirked down at the redhead. "Funny I thought you were" He chuckled. 

---------------

A/N: 

THEY KISSED! 

ok obviously she is really young, so I'm sorry but no spicy scenes until at least order of the phoenix (that's even pushing it for me!) 

Oh also sorry this is such a short chapter! I would have added more but I wanted the chapter to end with the kiss:) Made it all cute and whatnot. 

ANYWAYS, I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! Please comment and vote, it helps me a lot! 

Word count: 902