Chapter 2. The Fire Unexpected

"Don't be shy, click the vote button"

Music given above recommended with earphones....

Aerona screamed when she saw the man ready to kill her.

He tried to strike her on the throat but she moved quickly but causing a small cut on the side of the neck. She held her neck tight to stop the blood trickling.

'What are you doing??!!' she cried.

He did not reply but poised himself for another attack. Aerona saw the rage in his eyes and she knew this man was venomed to kill.

He swung the knife at her causing another cut on her shoulder and she stumbled crying in pain. The man jumped at her and her quick reflex caused her to kick him on the stomach. Which luckily gave her a chance to run down.

But she was smart enough not to run back to her home.

The man knew she was a being of another realm, probably cursed. If he knew that humans have taken her, a being like her into their homes he'd probably notify the other villagers and she and her entire family will be executed.

The human villages never took beings of other realms kindly. Some villages gave them no mind but other villages like Rudark hated them and would love to have their blood. Aerona had seen many people decorate their homes with the heads to dwarves, Alkariyas (Phoenix-shifters), and many more creatures so. And her adoptive family hoped to protect her by hiding her wings from the other's views. Her family considered this barbaric and vile and this made them no different from the dark sorcerers who fought war with the world times ago.

The man was hot on her heels. She was running straight into the woods. The trees did hide her well but her big wings was very easy to notice.

The man yelled 'Filth stop right there! Come back you!'.

'Not in a million years. Not unless you tell me why your trying to-' huff '-trying to hurt me...' she replied back while still running.

'Filth like you don't deserve to live. Stop running and surrender or else I'll skin you alive when I get my hands on you' he roared which shook Aerona to her core. Not from fright. But from pure wrath.

She stopped in her tracks. The man stopped too but he walked towards her, his knife in striking position.

'This is absurd. Have you ever thought that this might be cruel as people like you have killed thousands of innocents. I have done nothing to you or your family then why do you carry so much hate in you?' she said bitterly.

'Why? Because you, all of your kind and the others are an abomination on the face of the earth' he spat. And suddenly he jumped at her.

She dodged but did an uppecut on his throat causing him to choke and stagger back.

He didn't notice a muddy ditch as he staggered back and due to his ignorance he fell down. Aerona ran to help him but while she ran she disturbed the loose soil and the whole mud fell down on top of the man.

Her eyes went wide in realisation.

'I killed him...! Oh good lords!!! I killed a man!!!' she cried. 'Well he was the one trying to kill me first. But oh what am I even saying. I shouldn't have tried to kill him. No wait I didn't kill him on purpose. It was an accident. Oh lords...' she comforted herself crying.

She slowly backed away. The heavy pang inside her heart grew heavier by passing minutes.

'I buried a man alive' she repeated in her mind. These thoughts started to depress her.