Chapter 9. The Dúnedain

Don't be shy, click the vote button

Music added, play if required....

*Lord of the Rings reference

The hairs on Aerona's neck stood upright. Goosebumps rose from her tan skin. The cold night air had nothing to do with it.

'Aww. Does the pretty Almeris not like this old man touching her? What a shame' the warlock cackled. His breath hot on her neck caused her to gag internally.

A threatening growl from Fraskier made the warlock laugh. His tinkle of rough scratchy voice ringing in the night.

The warlock began muttering a low chant, lime green fumes of smoke arose from his open palms. He suddenly clenched his palms shut and Aerona saw Fraskier squirming in pain, while rooted to the ground.

'Fra-mff!' Tyrill tried to yell but his own voice caught his throat. Thick blood oozing from his nostrils.

Suddenly, the warlock pulled her jaw to face him. That was when she could see his face properly.

A youthful and charming face. Stubbled cleft chin that gave out a dominating aura. His purple eyes glowing from the powers inside of him and a long protruding nose. Aerona wasn't able to find whether he had a long forehead or not as his sandy hair was covering majority of his head space, but that's not the point.

'Not very attractive' he remarked.

Aerona felt offended and she openly expressed it through an immense frown.

He sighed and to everyone's surprise, he let go of Aerona. Aerona realised she had not been breathing the whole time and she took in the air hungrily.

He walked towards Tyrill and said 'I've come to help you my Lord'.

Tyrill tried to move, his anger shining red on his face.

'I come in peace' he said and raised his hand. And Aerona felt her fingers again. She heard a roar and she alarmed, pulled her head to see Tyrill and Fraskier jumping up at the warlock and tackling him to the ground and attacking him

But they stopped all of a sudden as they felt someone or rather something pulling them back.

The bleeding warlock got up, with his hands raised and said 'I truthfully had meant no harm. I have come here on behalf of the royal spirits'.

'Royal spirits, my ass' Fraskier growled, his melodic voice sounding so different. He tried to land a punch but his hands paralyzed and floating in the air.

Tyrill struggled to move yet again, the blood from his nose reaching his curled lips.

But suddenly a glow of realisation dawned on Tyrill's burning features.

* 'Your a Dúnedain! Are thee Isildur's descendant?' Tyrill asked, his ears still a maroon shade. His breathing yet shallow and low, flowing well in the night air.

'Nay Prince. I'm from Anárion's descending' the warlock said while straightening himself to a height.

Out of no where, Aerona felt this boiling fury, her family's horrible demise, her unknown destiny, being taunted by a warlock, all for those reasons.

And no could stop her light speed fist from meeting the warlock's square jaw.

Fraskier flinched, Tyrill watched horrified yet a small light of satisfaction lighting on his tired face, the warlock squirming in pain while his nose bled and Aerona felt much light of heart.

'I do believe, I deserve that' he said while holding his stinging jaw.

'You really do. A Dúnedain or not, what you tried to do was unacceptable. You almost killed us and tried to violate me' Aerona roared, frustration and anger evident on her pale face.

The warlock's eyes widened. 'Violate you! Never! My morales and my dignity shall never allow that', he sighed, 'I wanted to know whether you were imposters. But when I saw, that you did not use your powers aganist me, I understood that you were incapable of doing advanced magic as you are but a young Almeri'.

He continued, 'But as I held you, I felt this power fighting aganist me. This made me remember my quest'.

'Your quest?' asked Fraskier.

'Finding the Heir of Almeria' said the Warlock said while looking straight at Tyrill.

'There is no heir to Almeria. All of them were killed' Tyrill scoffed at him.

'Did thee forget the prophecy?' mumbled the warlock but his voice floating in the air quite loudly for everyone to hear.

'Prophecy?' Fraskier asked.

'Ah sir you are a simpleton' laughed the warlock, 'But let's just say the prophecy is dormant. Therefore not important at the moment'.

'But you did try to hurt us' Aerona mumbled angrily. Her pout flourishing, almost looking like a withering dandelion. The men noticed this, none able to hide their amusement. Fraskier hid his burst of giggle in hysteria of coughs, but stopped adruptly when he met her death stare.

'I believe you used the "OBSTUPEFACIO" spell' said Tyrill turning to the warlock.

'Yes the same. Quite complex but easy to master when done properly' the warlock said proudly.

'What are you called' Fraskier asked, quite friendly this time.

* 'Fíriel. I am Fíriel, son of Ondoher, descendant of sons of Elendil' Fíriel said bowing low.

'Ah Fíriel. I have heard of you and your brothers. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance' Tyrill said and gave a hand to shake, Fíriel took it and shook firmly and then turned to Fraskier.

All had forgotten about Aerona's presence. And Aerona did not find it amusing.

'I believe we have found another travelling companion!' exclaimed Fraskier.

'What?! But a moment ago he tried to kill us!' Aerona shouted, more like squealed in surprise.

'He was being cautious' said Tyrill, 'I have met King Ondoher before his sadly departure. He was a great King and thought proudly of his sons. I trust you and I would feel great honour to have you on our small expedition'.

'I wish I had the same greetings when I asked if I could join the travel' Fraskier whispered to Aerona.

But Aerona gave no heed. She was still engraged at the warlock's sudden kindness. She still doubted his intentions.

'I understand you don't trust me. And I am at fault but I promise to help you with all my power' Fíriel said to Aerona, breaking her from her rude stare.

She shrugged.

'We were on our way to the grand library of Elleóin' Fraskier said while pulling the horses to their owners.

Everyone noticed Fíriel did not have a horse.

'My horse, Ellero, died on the way to Elleóin' he said, 'Goblins'.

Fraskier and Tyrill looked at Aerona, their eyes said it all.

She sighed and said 'Alright I'll just fly'.

'No my lady. I can ride with you' Fíriel said while winking at her.

'We had meant that. Besides, flying without any experience is dangerous and the uninvited could kill you' Tyrill said.

Aerona looked back at Fíriel. He smiled, wrinkle of genuine truth forming on his tired face.

She bit down her retort. Breathing in all her frustrations, she said 'Certainly'

 Breathing in all her frustrations, she said 'Certainly'