Chapter 7. The Bard of Elleóin

"Don't be shy, click the vote button"

I added The Witcher's song. Play it along while you read if you require...

The incentive to know more about the magic in her, Aerona forgot all about the incident in Dorkfume and the small vision that almost saved her life.

They had walked a few miles on foot and next on the horses, taking few passes to rest too.

Aerona felt quite dull as her travel companion was as moody as a cow. He spoke rarely and if he did put up a conversation it would be calculated, wise and boring.

Aerona had called him an old elf lord and he flabbergasted her by telling her his true age.

'Two thousand nine hundred eighty three! How do you look so young Lord Tyrill?' she exclaimed without even trying to hide her astonishment.

Tyrill felt a bit offended yet amused, so he replied in a hoarse, poised tone 'That is young, Lady Aerona. A hundred years is a mere blink of an eye for us elves. True we are immortal but we do die if killed or commit suicide, which we forbid as it is immoral'.

Aerona refused believe that the elf walking beside her was old as time yet his beauty flawless as the moon.

She turn to look at him. Her eyes refusing to look away.

A handsome elf indeed. He talked with poise and elegance, like butter flowing from his mouth. Yet he seemed of a strong intimidating demeanor of a rowdy countrymen. Yet his every move were elegant and soft.

His jaw sharp, Aerona wondered what would happen if she was to graze her finger over his jaw, would she cut herself? It sounded ridiculous yet so true. He was very tall, she reached him till his chest. His hair seemed very silky to be real, dark and of a very magnificent silken touch. She shivered internally as she saw each thread of hair sway in the breeze.

He felt her stare boring into him and he showed his uneasiness by staring back at her.

Aerona realised how rude she seemed and apologized under her breath.

'Lord Tyrill do you know magic?' Aerona asked as she felt the uncomfortable silence setting in. 'I do yes' he said and wrapped his conversation. She nodded and felt the uneasiness again.

They reached a glade where they could hear people talking and chattering like birds.

'We have reached Elleóin' Tyrill murmured while giving out a heavy sigh. Aerona was excited to see the busy streets, she began remembering how Airen used to take her to villages and fair to buy bread or dresses.

She took a deep breath when she smelt the wafting scent of fresh bread and jams. And felt her stomach growling. She blushed and looked at Tyrill from the corner of her eyes.

'We can dine in that tavern' he said pointing at a wooden tavern where a board hung on the roof. Aerona made out the dusty words and read 'Side Dune Horses. What a peculiar name'.

But she followed Tyrill to the tavern nonetheless.

Aerona suddenly felt really uncomfortable as the people of the village began looking at her. More precisely her wings. She thought it would have been much better if she had just covered her wings. The people stared at Tyrill too but he gave them no mind.

The children and the women were the most shameless, the ladies gawked at Tyrill and glared at Aerona while the children tried catching her wings which she tried to raise out of their reach. The men while taking occasional glances at them kept their distances well enough knowing the power of an elf and history of Almeris.