Chapter 6. Visions of Truth

"Don't be shy, click the vote button"

Music given above recommended... Earphones or headphones recommended...

The last thing she saw while being dragged to the waters was Tyrill frantically running towards her. Her fingers dug to the moist soil in hope she could stop the powerful hands that pulled her to the amiss.

She forgot to take a deep breath as she sunk down the waters.

She looked down at her captors.

Her eyes widened in shock. The merfolk she had seen in books were a complete lie. Beautiful, elegant creatures with glimmering fins, that is what she had expected to see.

The merfolk that pulled her deep were...horrid. Their eyes pulsating and bulging within their sockets, were deep mustard. Their hands consisted of these slimy slippery flippers that heldfast to her legs, wings and torso.

She was losing her breath fast.

Their heads were decorated with seaweeds and shells and a long tail and shiny scales.

The one thing similar to them and the books were the mesmerising sounds that echoed from their mouths. Their gills elongating and contracting while breathing.

She tried to kick and pull herself from their strong hold but all fight in vain. In fact their hold only got stronger and she let out bubbles of gasp.

She held onto a hand of a merman, she saw that mermen had a naked torso while the female covered themselves with weeds.

The merman looked at her with one glowing golden eye. But he did not let go.

She was being taken deep down. To her doom.

Her chest now aching with the lack of oxygen. Her mind flooding with memories oh so wonderful and awful. With one last bite of fear she let out what she held in her mouth. The small amount of oxygen that sufficed her for a few moments.

"So this is how I die..." she thought to herself.

She closed her eyes, accepting her fate.

But something in her stirred. A feeling of peace from somewhere afar. Her heart still beating and warm blood still flowing through her frayed nerves.

The merfolk suddenly screeched like banshees in pain. Aerona felt as if her head would burst, their tight hold only got tighter but Aerona felt no pain. She lost her breath and was hanging in life by a thread.

Her eyes feeling heavier on its own accord. Slowly drifting in suffocation, she blacked out.

 Slowly drifting in suffocation, she blacked out

A voice somewhere afar. A melody of faeries of midsummer's night. A gentle calling of love.

A slow stroking felt inside the womb. A child stirring and gave a tiny kick. The mother laughed, her voice ringing throughout her room like bells of fantasy. A hoarse chuckle caused the lady to turn around in surprise.