𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚

Prom night, finally something Y/N didn't expect to go to at all, but since Steve asked her, who wouldn't say no to that? She wore a pretty blue dress, as well as the exquisite makeup pasted on her face defining her gorgeous facial features. Y/N impatiently sat on the couch tapping her foot on the ground, waiting for the date she didn't tell her parents about. It was almost obvious though.

"I'm betting you it's going to be Steve," Her dad nudged her shoulder, making Y/N roll her eyes.

"It might be that wonderful boy, but didn't you say he had a girlfriend?" M/N jeered and giving her a cheeky grin.

"Moooooooom stop it," Y/N whined and slouched onto to couch, sighing in defeat, "Okay fine it's him."

Both of her parents cheered and began to dance a little, embarrassing Y/N. She giggled a little and heard the doorbell ring. Everyone froze and her parents look at her to see who would get the door first, the three of them sped to the door. Her dad won by just a few inches in front of the two women. Y/N came after his dad, who had already opened the door to find the wildly attractive Steve Harrington in a fine tuxedo.

F/N cleared his throat and tried to act all protectively also serious for his daughter, "Um so... I guess you're here for Y/N right?"

"Yeah," Steve answered seeing that Y/N was behind her dad having a serious look on his face, her looking all panicked.

Y/N's parents both burst into laughter, making him look confused, "It's alright Steve just have her home by 11."

Y/N just looked down and walked over to Steve outside to his car. They got inside and closed the doors behind them, "I'm so sorry about my parents I-"

"It's alright, I just wish I had parents that were always on the watch for me," Steve affirmed as he started the car, looking over at her, "By the way, you look amazing."

A crimson shade of pink crept on her cheeks, not accepting the compliment from him, and by him, she means Steve Harrington, her longing crush. "Thank you I mean you look nice as well."

The drive to the school was silent, but slightly enjoyable having each other's presence just like that time at the SnowBall. Seeing couples and pairs walk into the event made Y/N a little self-conscious, all these girls look stunning unlike her which wasn't true, but she didn't notice. Insecurity they called it. They all seemed to be couples making Y/N and Steve the odd pair of friends.

"Hey look I don't want to be the center of attention," Y/N mumbled going outside of the car, the air was slightly warm due to the fact it was almost summer, "All eyes are going to be on you."

"Don't stress it Y/N," He gently rubbed her left arm, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, "You shouldn't be scared since you fought Demodogs, what's so bad about prom?"

"Yeah I guess. But it's just weird that a girl like me comes with someone as popular as you."

"Oh come on, you're the best date I could ever ask for," Steve squeezed her arm reassuringly, earning a slight smile from her, she looked amazing from his view.

"Thanks," She felt her cheeks warm up at the compliment, and linked her arm with his, "Come on, we've got a prom to attend."

Y/N was in the corner from the event, chatter, music, and laughter filled the gym. Girls were having the best nights with those they loved as boys finally made their moves. She felt somewhat out of place, I mean, she is the most outgoing and confident person, but she didn't enjoy it where you had to be a certain way to attend. Steve approached her after getting a snack at the table. He held his hand out to her, inviting her with a kind gesture, "Come on, we've got to dance at least once, please?"