Chapter Fourty-Eight

"Mia I'm glad I caught up with you, I'm surprised you're here actually. Roman said you had a family emergency"

Steph McMahon approached me backstage as we got ready for Smackdown giving me a quick side hug as I laced up my boots

"Yeah things took an unexpected turn and we were able to come straight back to work"

She nodded in understanding but didn't press the matter which I was grateful for.

"Well I'm glad everything worked out for you because every diva in that locker room wants a piece of you"

I smiled as I picked my belt up and hung it over my shoulder proudly

"Well I wish them all luck with that because I am not ready to let this baby go"

Steph had a wide smile on her face and I had a feeling there was a good reason for it

"That's goos to hear because tonight you will be guest commentator for a a group of elimination matches tonight"

In this business an elimination match could have any number of stipulations so when I looked at her confused she laughed

"It's a little complicated to explain so check out the wwe app. Everything is explained there, I'll see you later"

Before she was even out of sight I pulled my phone out and loaded the app. There was a poll where fans could vote which divas would face each other tonight. Natalya, Nikki Bella, Brie Bella, Naomi, Eva-Marie, Cameron, Paige and Emma would face were listed as competitors. Each diva would face one another and the winner of those four matches would move on to the next round of matches on Monday night RAW.

"Well that sounds awesome"

I muttered as I read through the details. Monday nights matches would dwindle the divas down to two and then whoever wins out of those two would face me at night of champions. The first match had already been voted on and Natalya would be facing Brie Bella.

"What sounds awesome baby girl?"

Roman appeared behind me slipping his hands around my waist and pulling me against him. I showed him my phone and as soon as he saw it he nodded

"Yeah it's the talk of the guys locker room. They're all excited to see four divas matches in one show, that's a rare occurence"

I turned to face him and leapt into jis arms wrapping my legs around his waist so he was holding me by my butt.

"Tell me about it, kinda bummed I don't get to compete but Steph wants me on commentary for each match so I guess I'll get to size up my competition"

Roman began walking down the corridor still holding me in his arms and we were getting comments thrown at us from our fellow wrestlers

"Aww how cute"

"Get a room"

"Hey Roman why don't you ever carry me like that?"

The last comment made me laugh and I looked over at Dean who had a fake pout on his lips.

"Because he's all mine and you know damn well I don't like to share Ambrose"

He laughed and opened his mouth to say something when a backstage tech interrupted

"Mia we need you at the gorilla"

I gave Roman a quick kiss as he placed me back on my feet and made my way to the gorilla just in time for the Shields music to start playing. I fluffed up my hair a little before making my entrance, I held my belt high above my head as I walked down the ramp slapping hands with the fans every now and then. Brie and Nattie were already in the ring watching me like a hawk as I strutted around the ring to the commentary table, both ladies had smirks on their face so I blew them both a kiss and sat my belt on the announce table for them to see.