Chapter Fifty-Four

"Hey girl why the long face? You okay?"

Nikki dropped down beside me as I leaned against the wall wallowing in my misery. I had a match against Summer Rae tonight and truthfully my heart just wasn't in it. After the way Roman and I left things I just wasn't feeling that great.

*Flashback*

I woke up with an ache in my neck and sighed as I got up off the couch, checking my phone I realised It was 8am and I had overslept, I had under two hours to get to the airport. Why hadn't Roman woken me?

Rushing upstairs I noticed he was still in bed, his back facing the door and from his stiff posture I knew he was awake.

"Roman, babe?"

I called his name softly but he didn't budge, I guess he was still upset with me for some reason so I made a beeline for the bathroom to get ready to catch my flight.

Once I was done and ready to go I walked out of the bathtoom to see Roman still in bed, still pretending he was asleep and it hurt that he was purposely ignoring me.

"Roman? I'm leaving now"

still no reply. with a sinking heart I made my way around the bed and kissed him firmly on the cheek

"I love you"

*End Flashback*

"Mia talk to me, whats going on?"

Nikki nudged me in the arm snapping me from my daze, she looked concerned and quickly wrapped her arms around me when I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Things aren't great with Roman right now"

I heard her sigh before she lifted my head to look at her

"You just gotta give him time trust me, remember when John avoided me like the plague when he found out about his elbow surgery? Guys just have a different way of coping with things. Stupid and unnecessary ways but you know what I mean. Give him time and he'll come around"

I knew mine and Romans problems were alot deeper but never the less Nikkis advice made me feel a lot better.

"Mia you need to get going, you're up next"

Nikki helped me up as my name was called and gave me a hug before we headed in opposite directions.

Focus Mia, keep your head in the game

Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta. Shield

I made my way down to the ring where Summer was waiting with Layla by her side. Since Seth and Dean had a tag team match later tonight they were staying backstage but I was more than capable of walking alone.

As I climbed into the ring coming face to face with Summer, the smug look she had on her face began to feed the fire growing in my belly

"I'm taking you down champ, you're nothing without your hound"

Her naive statement almost made me laugh and made me want to kick her ass even more.
As the bell rung I immediately launched into attack mode hitting Summer with a massive backhand which left her momentarily stunned and before she could hit back I swung her into the ropes then drop kicked her as she bounced back. I wasn't counting on this match lasting long so I quickly went for the pin when suddenly the lights went out plunging the packed arena into darkness, now that wasn't good.

As soon as the red glow lit up the titantron and everything around it I leapt to my feet looking around for the masked demon himself. To be honest I had no idea why Kane would be making an appearance at all. He still hadn't shown himself and It was making me nervous.

Suddenly I felt a hand grab hold of my ankle and pull me down onto the mat, I looked over in horror as Kane stood halfway out of a hole in the mat. I began kicking desperately trying to get out of his grip but it was a struggle.

"You're mine now! Your hounds not here to save you and the other two are locked away, no one to protect you know Mia"

He growled as he pulled me closer to him. Now I was getting frantic and worried about what he may have done to Seth and Dean, hopefully they were okay.

"Get off me you jerk"

I screamed as I kicked out at him

I hear voices in my head......

I don't think I'd ever been so relieved to hear that music play in my entire life. Mustering as much strength as I could I kicked wildly managing to land a blow to Kanes nose making him let go just as Randy appeared grabbing me by the waist and pulling me from harms way. He tossed me gently into a corner as he turned his attention back to Kane who was now climbing from his hole.

"Mia get out of here"

Randy shouted as he began to attack the big red beast. I immediately did as he said and began making my way up the ramp, my eyes glued to the ring as Randy hit Kane with an RKO. He immediately slid out of the ring and made his way towards me, I was extremely grateful for his help and still running on adrenaline without thinking wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"Thank you so much"

He was caught off guard at first but quickly hugged me back before leading me backstage to my dressing room, I could hear Seth and Dean as I got closer shouting and banging on the door which had a chair wedged under the handle.

I quickly kicked the chair before jumping back as it flew open and both men stumbled out.

"Mia are you okay?"

Dean practically bear hugged me before checking me over for any injuries.

"Guys I'm fine, chill out. Randy helped me"

Both men froze on the spot before turning to look at Randy who was standing back watching us. Though I knew they still didn't like him they both shook his hand and thanked him.

"I'll uh catch you later Mia"

He called as he headed down the corridor

"Thanks again Randy"

I replied before making a beeline for my bag, I really needed to shower. Just as I opened my suitcase my phone began to buzz with a text message

Roman<3
Didn't take you long to move on to Orton.

I felt my heart sink in my chest as I read Romans message, how could he even think that.

"Mia what's wrong?"

As I looked up at Seth I realized my eyes were full of tears. I quickly shut off my phone and tossed it in my bag.

"Nothing, I'm fine"

The truth was I was far from fine.