Chapter Fifty-Five

I stared out the window of the airplane, my thoughts swimming wildly. I prayed that Roman would realize how serious I was being when I last spoke to him and that he wouldn't throw what we had away

*Flashback*

As I stood under the hot stream of the shower I let Romans message sink in and I felt my sadness turn to anger. How dare he even think that I'd cheat on him, or even consider Randy in that way.

"Stupid ass"

I growled as I dried off and got dressed. I sent Seth and Dean a quick text to let them know I was heading back to the hotel before heading for the buildings exit. I needed to get back to the hotel asap, I had a very important phone call to make.

*Flashback End*

Ladies and gentleman this is your captain speaking, we will be landing in Phoenix, Arizona in approximately 5 minutes. Please fasten your sealbelts as we prepare to descend.

Phoenix was the last place I expected to find myself but it seemed fate had a way of working it's magic and here I was. My dad had called on the way back to my hotel and invited me to Phoenix where he was still getting treatment, without a second thought I accepted his invitation. This would give me a chance to catch up with him and would give Roman a chance to think about what I said.

*Flashback*

I was anxious as I held my phone to my ear waiting for Roman to answer.

"You managed to tear yourself away from Orton to call me"

As soon as the words left his mouth I was fuming.

"STOP! Roman don't you say another word. How dare you accuse me of cheating on you! What the hell is wrong with you? You know I would NEVER cheat on you"

I could hear him breathing heavily but he remained silent so I kept talking

"I have been by your side from day one and never once have I given you a reason to doubt my love and loyalty to you. I understand that you're upset about your injury but that's no reason to take your frustration out on me. You've said things that hurt me and I was heartbroken when I left home and you refused to even acknowledge at me, what did I do to deserve all that?"

I sighed as I was yet again met with silence

"Look Roman I'm heading to Arizona to see my dad for a few days before Hell in a Cell. I love you with all my heart but you need to think about whether you feel the same and whether you still want to be with me"

*Flashback End*

I hadn't heard from him since that phonecall and I refused to make contact first, he needed time to think.

"Mia?"

I turned at the sound of my name and spotted my dad and a middle aged woman standing at arrivals and immediately rushed over to greet him

"Dad you look great"

I pushed Roman from my mind and focussed on my dad, we had a lot of catching up to do.

****************

"What's bothering you honey?"

I glanced over at my dad as we sat out on the deck of his small apartment, he looked so much healthier than when I'd last seen him and treatment facility was helping him immensely.

"I'm fine dad, just tired"

I could feel him staring at me and I knew he wasn't buying it

"My mind is clear now honey and I know when something is wrong, let me guess. Roman?"

I glanced in his direction to see him smiling over at me

"I've been catching up on things since I've been here. Quite the power couple you two are"

I let out a sigh as I sunk further into my chair, after three days here with no word from Roman at all I missed him terribly. I'd almost picked up my phone and called him a few times but manged to hold back.

"Things are complicated at the moment"

As I spoke my dad got this look on his face, a look he used to get when he was going to say something wise and useful. A look I hadn't seen in a long time.

"When I watch you two on television I see a man who would give the world for the woman he loves, for the woman who stands by his side day in and day out. Whatever is bothering the two of you talk it out, don't give up on each other trust me"

I felt 100 times better after listening to him but his wise words also made me miss my man more, I just hope he still feels the same way.

***************

"I'll call you when I land okay dad, thank you for having me"

I snuggled into my dads chest for one last hug before I had to board my flight, I'd stayed an extra day so would have to go straight to the arena from the airport. I had a title rematch against Nikki and after a few days to clear my head I felt confident I could retain it.

"I'm glad you came sweets and don't worry about Roman, I'm sure he'll come around. Now you go out there and show the world why you're the champ, I'll be watching. I love you"

I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before heading for my boarding gate.

"Love you too dad"

Time to get back to reality.