Kinda Awkward

You speed-walk down to the front doors, hoping Legoshi is still waiting for you.
"It's only been 5 minutes, I should be fine... right?"

You get to the front doors and you don't see Legoshi, and you start thinking he left. You don't give up yet, though. You walk outside hoping maybe he's out there somewhere, and to your surprise, he was. He's talking with his friends so you just slowly walk up to them, keeping a certain distance because you don't want to make it awkward.

You can see Legoshi looking around while talking and he catches your eyes.

"Oh hey, Y/N. Why are you just standing over there?"
"I didn't want to intrude on your conversation, and I figured you'd see me eventually."
"Oh. Well, I see you now." He gives a small smile and motions you over to him.

You walk over and stand beside him awkwardly, not knowing what else to say or do.
"This is my best friend, Jack." Legoshi put one his hands on your shoulder, actually weighing you down a bit. His entire hand the size of your forearm.
"Hello!" Jack smiles at you and offers to shake hands, his tail wagging a lot.

You smile at him, and shake it. "My name is-"
""Y/N, right? I heard Legoshi shout it before you ran over here."
"Right, yeah." You smile awkwardly and rub the back of your neck.
"You're so tiny, it's cute." Jack mentions, about to pinch your cheek.
You furrow your eyebrows and kick his ankle.
He starts hopping on his other foot. "What?! What did I do?!"
"Don't talk about my height."
"But you are-"
"Just. Don't." You squint your eyes at him and shake your head slowly.
"Lesson learned. Can I talk about it when we become better friends?"
"Just try not to mention it at all." You cross your arms and turn the other way. "But yes, you can supposedly talk about it more when we're better friends so it doesn't sound as much like you're mocking me."
"Okay, my bad."
"It's okay."

You started walking but don't know where you're going. "Where are we going, Legoshi? I'm kind of just walking without a destination here."
Legoshi lets out a small chuckle and a smile. "We could go to my house, I don't really know. You just wouldn't leave me alone during school." He chuckles again and rubs your head gently.

"I don't like leaving things awkward." You awkwardly smile and meet by his side, walking twice as fast with your little legs.
"I can tell, it's alright." He wrapped his arm around your side and pulled you into a side hug while walking.

You hugged back with two arms, almost tripping over his feet but he catches you with his hand; pulling you back up beside him by your arm.
"That's embarrassing..."

"Where do you live?" You ask, looking up at him.
"Not too far, just around the corner."
You nod your head, and Legoshi stops to stare down at you.
"What..?" You stare back at him and raise an eyebrow.
"You're walking too slow for my pace." He squats down and matches your height.
"Well, excuse me, I'll just start running from now on. I'll run on down to MY house, why not?" You start growling underneath your breath and start walking away from Legoshi.

Before you got too far, Legoshi swooped you up onto his shoulders and held your tiny little legs. "I didn't mean to be rude, I just didn't want to straight up ask you if you wanted a ride on my shoulders."

You sit on his shoulders, blank in expression, not knowing how else to react. "WELL YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SCOOP ME UP LIKE SOME PRINCESS AND PUT MY ON YOUR SHOULDERS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!" You start heeling his chest, kicking back and forth.
"I can let you down, if you'd like. You're just not very cooperative." He squats down and lets you get off, but you don't. You sit there and cross your arms.
"Well.. I guess I could stay on your shoulders.."

Legoshi stands back up and smiles, not that you can see it, though.
"I can tell you're smirking to yourself."
"And what if I am?"
"I.. hmph.." You wrap your arms around his neck and lean your head against his.

You fall asleep on him for about 5 minutes, feeling like 5 hours. Legoshi shakes your arms since you weren't responding while he's squatted down and wakes you up.
"Wake up, sleepy head, we're here at my house."
You groan and rub your eyes, stretching. "Whatever, let me down now."
"I've been trying to, been squatted for the past 5 minutes; please get off before my legs die." He painfully laughs.
"Oh..!" You blush and get off immediately, your legs feeling weird.

Legoshi stands up and almost falls over, but keeps his balance enough to stretch it out. "What should we do when we get inside?" You ask.
"We usually just play videogames but I dunno if that's your thing. Plus we only have two controllers."
"That's okay, I can just watch if you'd like to-"
"No, it's fine." Jack opens Legoshi's door and walks in. "We'll figure something out to include you, I'm sure." He smiles and laughs a little, holding the door open for you and Legoshi.
"Legoshi, do you not lock your door?"
"His mom's always home," Jack says and then whispers, "except when she's out with the girlies." He laughed and smiled again.

"Oh, okay. So she's here now?"
"I'm not sure... Legoshi?"
"Yeah, she should be home right now."
"What are you guys doing waiting at the door? Come inside before you let all the cool air in!" You can hear Legoshi's mom shouting to the two of them, Jack motioning for the two of you to come in quickly.

•••

You walk in and immediately admire Legoshi's home.
"Sorry if it seems kind of.. cold.. in here." Legoshi smiles nervously and rubs the back of his neck.
"Who are you- oh my heavens, Legoshi! You didn't tell me you were inviting a girl over tonight!"

You stand there, freaking out inside your head; not sure how to react to his mother seemingly angry.
"I'm so sorry, dear,"
"What?"
"Since Mr. Legoshi here didn't tell me you were coming over, I had no time to clean myself up." She glares at him and washes her hands before she walks over to you. "You like pizza, right? I'm making pizza because I know these two boys love it." She smiles and looks down at you, realizing how small you really are.

"Yeah, I do like pizza."
"Perfect. I'm Leano, by the way." She puts her hand out for you to shake, and you do. "Would you like any garlic buns while you wait, these boys also love the appetizers I make." She smiles once more.
"Maybe, I'll just try one of theirs and ask for more if I like them. If.. that's okay, of course..?"
"Of course!" She heads back to the kitchen with a smile on her face and you walk over to Legoshi.

"I nearly had multiple heart attacks just now."
Legoshi laughs and smiles, whispering to you while squatting down to your height, "Yeah, me too. I completely forgot to tell her I was inviting you over."
You slap him and frown. "Yeah, good job, brainiac."
He looks unaffected by it and turns his head back towards you. "I'm sorry, Y/N. May you forgive me?"

You can see the trust in his eyes and melt, not showing it on the outside, though. You groan and roll your eyes, also rolling your head. "Ohh, fine. I guess I can forgive you... But just know that it won't always be this easy for me to accept your forgiveness or apologies!"
"Whatever I can get."

~

SO SO SOOOOO SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG WAIT. I probably won't be posting another chapter for a while, this was one was already somewhat pre-planned for writing. ALSO, I CHANGED THE STORY BECAUSE I MESSED UP SO TO THE PEOPLE WHO READ THE CHAPTERS THAT I HAD BEFORE, I'M SORRY, THEY'VE CHANGED. Instead of hanging out with Freddie, you're hanging out with Legoshi for the day and you're hanging out with Freddie "tomorrow". Not actually tomorrow but you know, in their world. ALSO, THIS IS MY OWN STORY, NOT THE ACTUAL SHOW. I KNOW THE MOTHER ISN'T ACTUALLY ALIVE BUT NEITHER ARE THESE CHARACTERS I'VE MADE. So if you're not interested in reading a story that's not pulled right from the show, I'm truly sorry but that's just now how I'm going to be writing this/my story. Thanks for choosing my story! Happy reading! 💕