Missing You

"God, that was so boring. All we did was stand, how is that judo?" Freddie growled underneath his breath.
You smack his arm and look up at him as you walk to math class. "You gotta start small to learn big."
"That sounds too poetic for me, I'm quite fine with learning quickly."
"Yeah, right. Whatever. I have math class, where you headed?"
"I've got art class right now, so I guess I'll see you around, foxy." Freddie smirked and grabbed his bag for art class out of his locker, closing it and locking it before heading to his class.
"My name is not foxy!" You frown and grab your stuff, too, heading to your math class just around the corner.

•••

When you walk into math class, you see Baddi to your left and you smile, sitting right next to her.
"Hay, girly! I'm so glad you're in my class, I just had child studies and nobody in there BUT THE GIRL I LIKE was in there. I freaked the fuck out, girl."
You laugh at Baddi then stop yourself before too long. "I'm glad you're in my class, too. Freddie was just in gym with me, which is pretty nice-"
"You've got three classes with Freddie?! What luck! I've had no classes except for ELA and then homeroom with people I know. I'm legit so happy you're here with me." She hugs you and you hug back smiling, then look up at the teacher while you write a note to Baddi that says, "I'm pretty good at math, so if you need any help, just ask".
She kisses your cheek and smiles before also looking up at the teacher.
"Hello, class! I have seen plenty of new faces today, and I'm glad to be seeing more! I'm Mrs. Suzuki, and I will be your math teacher for the rest of this year! I might also be some of your guys' science teacher, but I haven't gotten any of you yet. We'll just have to see. Anyways, for the next two months, we will be learning about algebra! I'm gonna pass out some papers, just to see where everyone's at with math, alrighty? Alrighty."
You watch as the teacher passes out papers, and you get a little nervous for Baddi. "How good are you at math?" You whisper to her.
"Not very good, I usually just barely pass. I'm pretty sure my highest mark last year was a 63%."
You start breathing a bit heavily, but control yourself quickly enough for when the teacher came around and gave out papers.
She eyed Baddi, and continued walking to the students.
"The fuck was that about?" You look at the teacher and roll your eyes, then look back at Baddi.
"She probably knows I was terrible at math last year from my teachers. Man, I fucking hate math teachers, they're all assmunches."
You try not to laugh and stay serious. "You got this, Baddi, just look at my page if you're not confident, just make sure the teacher doesn't see. I'll lean back to make sure you can see my page."
"Damn, girl, you are just as bad as me." Baddi smirks and starts working away while you make sure the teacher isn't staring at you and Baddi, sliding small notes to her every so often.
After you finished, you were about to go up and pass it in before Baddi grabbed your arm.
"No, I'm not finished."
"I have notes, I can't be suspicious."
She lets go of your arm, and nods, continuing her work, looking at your notes.
"Do I just put this here?" You ask the teacher, trying to keep her attention on you.
"Yep, right in that pile." She points to it, but continues to look around the room, looking at Baddi more than everyone else.
"So this pile?" You stand in front of her gaze, and you point to the wrong pile.
"No, the one with all the other work pages." She looked up at you and smiled, a bit irritated.
"So this one?" You point to a pile with work pages for another day.
"No," she stands up and puts her finger on top of all the rest of the work from other students, "this one."
"Ohhh, my bad." You put it in that pile, then pretend to slowly realize you forgot your name. "I forgot my name!" You laugh and pick your paper back up and stand right in front of her again, signing your name on the top page. As you go to put it back in, you say out loud, "I forgot the date!"
"Just give me the paper!" The teacher snaps and stands up, grabbing the paper out of your hands.
You flinch quite a bit, and just stand there in shock while she writes the date angrily, slamming it down into the finished pile. "Now, please, just go. sit. down." She slumped back down into her office chair, letting out a long sigh.
You go sit back down beside Baddi, smirking at her as she cries in laughter, her head in her arms. "You finished yet?" You said, also coughing out a chuckle or two.
"Mhm." She coughed from how hard she was trying not to laugh, and she stood up, walking over to the finished pile and putting it down.
"I know you and Y/N are just purposely annoying me, and I will catch you guys eventually." She squinted at Baddi before Baddi squinted back.
"Yeah, and I can report you for false information about your students. Don't even try to catch me doing anything, because I'm not." Baddi walked away and smiled to herself, and you smile from her smiling.
"Good job, girl." You whisper and high-five her underneath the table.
"Thanks." She says back. "I can't wait for this year, and having you in my math class the whole time." She smiles, excited and you can't help but smile, too.

•••

The bell rings and you jump up out of your chair after finishing up the last question in the textbook.
"Baddi, Y/N, I'd like for you two to stay back with me." Mrs. Suzuki stood up and smirked, waving everyone else out.
"No can do, Mrs. Suzuki, I like my lunchtime." You smile at her and grab your bag and Baddi's hand. "And I'm quite sure Baddi likes hers, too."
"Too bad, I-"
By the time she tried to finish, you had already left with Baddi to the lunchroom upstairs.
"You are so hot, Y/N. Like, my god, be mine."
You laugh and blush. "Thank you." You say confidently, grabbing a spot to eat with her. "You got anything to eat?"
"Yeah, I do, thanks for asking, though."
"No problem, what do you have?"
"A salad with water. That's what I usually have to keep up my strength." She flexes her arms and you laugh and smile.
"You're pretty strong."
"You bet I am, from these salads."
You both laugh together and then start to dig in to your lunches. Just as you were starting to dig in, though, someone taps Baddi's shoulder.
"May we join you?"
You smile while Baddi turns around and rolls her eyes.
"I guess so."
Futoshi sits down beside you while Akari sits down right beside him.
"Have you seen Freddie?" You look up at Futoshi and raise an eyebrow.
"Nope, he really likes art class so he's probably making some sort of masterpiece." He smiled and laughed.
"Huh." You smile to yourself and continue to eat your lunch with your new friends. "I'm glad I met you all, thank you for talking to me, you guys."
"Oh, it's nothing." Futoshi smiled and put his hand on your shoulder, shaking you a little bit.
You smile back and then look at the lunch doors. For some odd reason, you can't help but feel excited to see Freddie walk through those doors.