Meeting the Crew

As you walk to Cherryton Academy, you hold a smile on your face. You're so delighted to finally be there! You already see plenty of animals, and plenty of new people to make friends with.

•••

You run over to a crowd of small animals, feeling confident about being able to make new friends and see that they're making fun of a little penguin because of how short he is.

"Hey!" You shout, "what's your problem?!" You push two sophomores out of the way to get to the middle where the small little penguin was.
"What's YOUR problem?" The sophomore boy said with a sassy tone before grabbing the back of your shirt and pulling you up to his face.
"If you think you could ever be some saviour to ANYBODY, you're wrong." He tossed you onto the grass about 5 feet away, turning back to the penguin.

You stand up and wipe the dirt and grass off the back of your uniform, noticing some scratches on your elbows from the fall. You didn't let that stupid sophomore stop you, though. You're a fox, you've got this. You'll show him what this fox says.

You run over to the group as fast as you can, jumping onto the sophomore's back and biting his shoulder.
"WHAT THE FU-" He shouts in pain. He doesn't get the whole word out before you flip forward and turn around, punching him in the nose. As his friends focus on him for the few seconds he falls to the ground, you grab the penguin's arm and dart towards the entrance of the school.

•••

You run into the cafeteria, where most of the students were, eating their breakfast. "Are you okay?" You say, almost breathless, looking at the penguin, your hands on your knees now.
"I'm okay, now, thanks to you." He smiles reassuringly and stretches his arms. "Can we get some breakfast? I wanted to do that before they crowded me and start pushing me around.."
"Of course we can!" You say, smiling, still a little breathless, heading over to the cereal corner. "I know this might sound offensive, but would you like me to pick you up? You're extremely tiny and I don't want you getting lost."
"I'm tiny, not dumb. I'm fine, thank you."

You felt bad for asking him, but just wanted to know if he was okay on his own. "Are... you new?" You ask.
"No, I'm actually a junior."
You stand there in surprise, he WAS quite tiny for his age, but you didn't mind it too much. Honestly, you thought it was pretty cute. "Huh, that's surprising. Not because you're small, because.."

"Because I'm small, it's alright, that's nothing new to hear." He smiles and you frown a bit, thinking you hurt his feelings. "What kind of cereal do you like?" He asks you.

"I like to make my own cereal." You say, a big grin on your face.
"I'm guessing you want to show me?" He rolls his eyes and smiles.
"I would if I could," you say, a bit bummed, "I guess I'll have to show you sometime." You smile and just grab some dry honeycomb cereal in a bag.
"I'd love to learn how you make your cereal." He smiles and grabs honeycomb cereal, as well, along with a box of raisins.

•••

After eating, you say goodbye to your new friend, Aiden, and head off to your first class, English. You miss him already, as he was the only one you knew, so far. You didn't let that get you down, though. These next few years are going to be your best years, and you're gonna make sure of it.
You walk into the class, and see that there's only 3 kids there, and they all look like art kids. So lonely, but so talented. You sit in the middle of the classroom chairs, so the teacher doesn't call you as easily. About two minutes later, the whole class comes pouring in, taking seats next to their friends. You never really made too many friends because you talked a lot, but the friends you did make either faked the friendship, or were sent off to a different academy.
"Hey!" A boy yelled to you.
You turned around and saw a cute bulldog looking at you. You point to yourself, to make sure he was yelling to you, and he nodded his head.
"Yeah, you! Are you the fox that saved that penguin earlier? We saw someone bite the shoulder of a sophomore and wanted to know who it was!" He and his friends of 3 all stared at you in awe, waiting for your reply.
"Uh-" You choke on your saliva, while harshly swallowing, coughing a little nervously. "Yeah... that was me." You smile, not sure how to respond otherwise.
They all immediately sprint over to you, and sit around you, the other students ignoring them all. "You are like, so cool." The bulldog says. "I'm Fredrick, but you can call me Freddie." He smiles, his palms on his cheeks, blushing.
"I'm Badoriya, but you can call me Baddi~" One of his elephant friends say, she seems to like to be flirty. You brush it off because she's cute and looked at the other elephant.
"I'm Futoshi, ignore Baddi, she's the worse twin." Futoshi seemed more calm, but it felt like he was hiding something, who knows, maybe you're just overthinking it. Best to not assume something he's not until he proves so.
"I am not! Don't tell this lovely lady such lies~" She places her fingertips on your chin and strokes your cheek.
You blush, too flustered because of all the people surrounding you and watching. You don't want to be rude so you simply ask, "Can you stop stroking my cheek? It's making me uncomfortable."
"See? You always get too touchy, Baddi." Futoshi shakes his head in shame.
"I'm sorry, my lady, I'll stop touching you," She smiles and stops, but then walks slowly behind you and whispers in your ear, "for now~".
You shiver from her warm breathe, and roll your eyes and smile. "What's your name?" You ask a shy penguin hiding behind Futoshi.
"Me?" He slowly comes out from behind Futoshi, and reveals himself. You think about Aiden again, and how this penguin fellow is extremely small compared to Aiden.
"Yeah, what's your name?" You smile and grab a nearby chair, patting it, gesturing for him to come sit next to you.
"My name i-is Akari." He looks up at Futoshi and Futoshi nods for him to sit next to you. When he sits down, he looks down nervous, playing footsies with himself.
Futoshi walks over and kisses his forehead. "It's okay, Aki, she's kind, I can tell." He smiles reassuringly and picks him up, placing Akari on his lap.
You gasp in shock, then smile a big grin. "You're gay!"
Akari jumps and almost falls over before Futoshi catches him, and places him back on his lap.
"He's gay, I'm bisexual."
"I'm lesbian if you ever wanna hit me up~"
You turn around and look up at Baddi and she's winking at you. You blush and turn back around, looking at Freddie. Apparently everyone else is, too.
He blushes and says, "I'm straight, but no need to hit me up, I uh- have a girlfriend." He smiles unsure if he said the right thing, putting his hands into fists and placing them on his sides.
His friends all laugh and then Baddi says, "Yeah, right! Stop being such a wimp and tell her you like her."
You sat there confused on who "her" is. "Who's 'her'?"
"You, silly! We just haven't got a name from you yet."
You laughed with them and then blushed, looking at Freddie. "Well, my name is Y/N, for all of you amazing people to know." You smile, knowing that these guys are gonna be the people who make this academy the best time of your life.