A bit of Luk

Luk had spent the first three months in a mixture of training on weapons and combat systems so that he would be able to go on missions with Black Zero One if needed but also understanding the basics of this galaxy's science. Mathematics and physics seemed the same. Chemistry was the same but the names for the elements were different and the understanding of valencies and elemental interactions was far more in depth. Biology was roughly the same but there was far more understanding as well as a myriad of different humanoid and not humanoid species. It almost seemed as if whatever Luk imaged then it was here somewhere.

        In less than a hour the rest of his unit would be shipping out and he would be left behind to work on the Gateway Project to try and find them a way back home. If they could take some of the weapons he'd seen here then they would have far better chances against the arachnids, even if he just had the information in his memory it should be enough to tip the scales.

        Luk knew he'd had more and a longer exposure to the alien races within the facilities than the rest of the unit who had been kept with the Stormtroopers who were all human. He'd so far met a Devaronian, he looked like a stereotypical devil with two horns protruding from his forehead and sharp pointed teeth. Yemm, as he was called, was in charge of administration and arranged Luk his quarters and research clearances, and then disappear complaining about how irregular the process was. Luk couldn't do anything except chuckle, if they met people from another galaxy enough to make it regular he would be very concerned. The second was a Twi'Lek, yet again pointed teeth but he'd found the head tails, Lekku, interesting to watch as they twitched randomly as the conversation progressed, his name was Tol Sivron and he was the head of the installation, in charge of the whole installation. The cream skinned Twi'Lek had managed to keep him away from the other areas of research but the most interesting one he'd overheard about was a Death Star, and it being near completion. But today he was to meet the rest of the Gateway Project team and find out his part in the process.

        As he pushed the door open he was met with a mixture of expressions. The first was shock, he guessed from them seeing how big he was, every researcher he'd met so far had been either slender or obese, not overly tall and muscular. The next he guessed was anger coming from a Duros, large eyed and bald head, he could easily see why if it was anger, they were standing over some of the wreckage from their first prototype Gateway. When the unit had come through, the gate on this side had partially melted and exploded. The last he saw was from a Twi'lek female, and that was curiosity, so far that was the best expression he'd seen.

        "Good Morning, I'm Luk. Who am I to report to?"

        "So it is a muscle bound military hulk we're getting, why don't you stand in the corner and pretend you're guarding something" This came from the man who'd originally stared at him, white haired and with red eyes, and only three fingers on each hand.

        "Never mind him, he's always grumpy in the morning. I've read your report on the Gateway you came through, highly intelligent the arachnids in your galaxy to devise something of that magnitude" This was the female Twi'lek speaking, she moved across to him and he couldn't help but notice how fluid her movements were "I'm the department head for the Gateway Project, my name is Saina Horrya" his hand engulfed hers as they shook hands formally.

        "Thank you, how can I help?" Luk replied smiling.

        "First introductions, grumpy one's called Ket Manft, by the wreckage is Bellen Stor, hiding in the corner is Sam Eccle" Luk looked over and saw a youngster couldn't have been far into his teens and wouldn't have been wider than his leg. "Lastly...

        "Darone'kai'Callons, or Dar, as most call me" Luk turned round and nearly jumped seeing the red skinned humanoid standing there, He'd already met on Devarian but seeing one appear out of the corner of his eye was a slight shock.