Rebel base one

Major Thorne walked out of the common area of the ship leaving most of the team playing sabaac, he wanted them to be able to blend in if required and a card game was always a good way. He left to go to the storage bay and collect his personal case. What he did not expect when the door opened was to see there pilot in there before him

"Would you like to explain to me what you are doing" Thorne asked barely controlling his anger

"A pilot should always checked the goods are stored safely in the hold" he said with a smile

"I see you take your name literally, Jester, now take mine seriously" he twitched his cybernetic hand and the blade shot out. "I am major Thorne and I will be in your side if you get in the way of our mission." to make sure he got his point across he raised the blade so that the overhead lighting reflected into Jesters eyes.

"I get your point." Jester replied heading out of the hold "But just remember who can fly this ship"

"You and three of my team, thank you for adding the tie fighter cockpit, a most helpful addition" Thorne replied smiling. Jester stomped out realising he'd been out maneuvered already.

Thorne moved over to his case. Removing it from the security of the wall racking he slung its strap over his shoulder and moved over to what their pilot had been checking. It was their personal armour, he glanced at it and saw that the power switch had been unlocked and toggled into the on position. He switched it back to off and locked it on place. He doubted one of his unit would have donned their armour without checking but if the had as soon as they'd linked a part to power module then it would have over puree the servos and snapped every bone in that area. He shook his head and moved out of the hanger bay headed for his private quarters.

The second cargo bay had been converted into a series of rooms each to be quarters for a pair of troopers with the exception of major Thorne and the pilot who had there own. There was also a brig added incase they required to capture a rebel. Thorne entered his bunk and locked the door. He then went to open his case not with his hands but with his mind. He sensed the tiny lock with no exposed barrel and mobbed the tickets into place. There was a hardly audible click as a small compartment opened. He reached in and pulled out the holocron. Setting it on the floor, he paved his bag out of the way and knelt before it as if in prayer. Calming himself he set to the intricate method of opening and resembling the device so that he could continue his studies.

"Welcome again student, I see anger has crept into your heart once more. I shall tell you of a man that key anger and rage be his power. He was successful, but he paid a dark price..." the sombre voice of the holocron began. An image appeared off a well built man, completely bald, and covered in what assisted to be shells. "This is Darth Bane..."

*

Jester sat in the cockpit dozing on his chair. They'd made the rendezvous and collected the specialist equipment, he had no idea how they were going to practice using it in a cargo bay where they couldn't drop rapidly enough to engage the repulsor lift on the personal glider wings.

In the cargo bay Thoth was making rapid calculations on a data pad. Olwen and Eastre were checking their straps and flicking on the power switch to the gliders.

"Don't take this the wrong way but I would feel more comfortable if Luk was making the calculations" Eastre said

"I would as well." Thoth replied "sir, it'll work"

"Certain." the major asked, looking up at the not so high ceiling above them. Fifteen meters was not a huge amount of room.

"Even with Olwen being as light as she is they should activate with a meter to spare. Taking into account the drag from the wings as well" Thoth spoke while looking at the pad again.