For The Longest Time

"We have to go after John." Winnie wipes her eyes.

"I know." Bucky nods.

"Just to talk." Sam reminds the two.

Winnie, Sam, and Bucky peer into the warehouse that they followed John into.

John on his knees with the stained shield in front of him. Head down.

"Time to go to work." John says softly to himself before walking over to the three.

"Walker."

"You guys should see a medic, you don't look too good."

"Have you looked in a mirror?" Winnie scoffs.

Sam ignores Winnie and continues " Stop,Walker."

"What?" John starts pacing.

"John, you should get some help." Winnie tries again.

"You saw what happened. You know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!"

"He didn't kill Lemar, John." Bucky adds. " Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well."

"I'm not like you."

"No you're not. You're your own person. And asking you to be more than that wasn't right. Let us help." Winnie stands closer to Bucky.

"Listen it was the heat of the battle, Okay? If you explain what happened, they may consider your record. We don't want anyone else to get hurt."

"John?"

"You gotta give me the shield, man." Sam says.

"Oh, so that's what this is?" John says in realization. "You almost got me."

"You made a mistake."

"You don't want to do this." John looks between the three.

Winnie's hand goes to her holster.

"Yeah we do." Bucky adds.

Bucky, Sam, and John run at each other starting the fight. John kicks Sam off of him, while Bucky and John are equally matched.

"Shit." Winnie hides behind a pillar. " This is great, I mean what's more fun than pissed off super soldier."

She looks out and sees John's back to her, standing over Sam ripping off his wings, while Bucky is down. Winnie aims for the center of John's back.

John raises his shield. Winnie unloads the pistol into John's back. Six shots, six bullets enlodged in John's back. He turns around and stalks over to Winnie.

"You!"

"Nice to see you, too, John."

"You shot me. "

"Yeah I did. Like Sam said earlier you don't have to hurt anyone else.One last chance."

"One last chance or what." John grabs Winnie's arm and twists it. She drops the empty gun.

"First Ow, second let's think about this, what do you think will happen if you hurt me?"

"Let's find out." John yanks her arm the other way, breaking it and then throws her off to the side. She hits her head on the floor and blacks out.

Bucky tackles John and punches him, Sam rejoins the fight and together they grab the shield and break John's arm.

Bucky drops the shield near Sam and kneels down by Winnie. He checks her neck for a pulse, her head for any bleeding.