twelve

•°•°•

"So now that I am here what are your other two wishes." Laura asks when she walks past JJ to sit in the seat opposite her, in the small diner.

Shaking her head laughing, JJ looks at the brunette. "Well a coffee and pancakes sound nice, don't they?"

Smirking the brunette points a finger at JJ. "Nice, Jareau, very nice."

The two women have agreed to meet in the morning, to get breakfast together, which made them end up small diner somewhere in the middle of D.C and Quantico to make it easier for both of them to get there and then to work.

After a few failed attempts to meet up, because of cases from both sides, they finally got the time to meet up.

Nevertheless Laura nods and lifts the menu card. "Anyway, even though, you hurt my feelings by ignoring my great pick up line, I agree with you, the pancakes seem just amazing."

JJ lifts her own card chuckling, looking through the menu herself. A waitress approaches smiling brightly at the two, a notebook in one and a pencil in the other hand. "Good morning, my name's Lola, what can I get you two?"

Looking at Laura, JJ gestures for her to ho ahead, smiling slightly she looks at Lola. "Hi, could I have some pancakes and a coffee. "

Lola nods enthusiastically, maybe a bit too much considering the time of day, before she looks at JJ. "And you?"

The blonde looks at the card, and Laura before looking at Lola. "I'll have the same as her, thanks."

Nodding the waitress walks away from their table, to the kitchen. Putting the menu cards aside, Laura leans on her forearms forward, looking at JJ.

"So how was Texas?" Remebering the case that JJ has told her about, she looks at her curiously.

"Hot." Replies the blonde smiling, Laura opens her mouth to comment JJ, but the blonde raises her hand. "I know, I know."

Smirking to herself, Laura laughs. "It's weird that you know me already good enough to know what I would say."

"Well, what can I say, I am good." JJ announces, just as Lola set down two mugs with coffee. Thanking her the woman leaves, leaving the two to grab the small packets of sugar from the stand on the table.

Eyeing her after she puts the third packet inside the mug, JJ starts chuckling. Confused looks the brunette up. "What?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering if you'd like some coffee with your sugar." JJ muses.