nineteen

•○•○•

•○•○•

After Tony brings Laura back to her apartment, he drives back to work leaving Laura alone in her home.

Biting her lip she looks at her phone thinking about calling JJ, but almost immediately throws the idea away, considering her being still at work, catching the bad guys, and with the stuff that is going on between them.

The two haven't talked since JJ's departure two days ago, and Laura has thrown herself in work, not even going home for the past two days. Laura just lived off of coffee, fastfood, the clothes in her locker and the gyms showers.

Sighing, Laura puts her bag on the ground next to the couch, before wandering into her bedroom, grabbing more comfortable clothes, and walking into the bathroom to take a quick shower. The shower turns out to be harder than first thought, because of her hurting side, and the hot water doesn't help as much as it should have either.

Walking out of the bathroom, with her still wet hair, she grabs an Apple out of the fridge, cutting it, and taking the bowl with the pieces, along with a water bottle to the couch, where she throws herself on. Wincing, Laura holds her side. "Stupid idea." She mutters to herself.

Putting the bowl on the couch table, she looks at a small object, smiling Laura recognises the golden gate bridge. JJ must have left it when she left that morning, that now seemed so long ago.

Remembering, asking JJ before she left for San Fransisco, to bring her something. Laura lifts the small statue of the bridge, smiling sadly at it, internally thinking about the night she had with JJ.

Putting it back on the table, throwing another longing glance at it, Laura grabs the remote turning on the TV, playing a movie.

•○•○•

Startled by a knocking on her front door, Laura sits up on her couch. She blinks a few times against the living room light, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, before realising what she was woken up by.

Wincing while getting up, Laura holds her side, feeling slightly unstable while standing, small dots come into her sight, that go after a few more blinks away. "God damnit."

"I swear, if that's Tony, I'm gonna beat his ass till he can't do anything." Laura mutters while slowly walking to the door.

Opening up, without looking through the peephole, the brunettes eyes widen, when she sees JJ standing in front of her. Opening the door, she looks at a shyly smiling JJ.

"Hey." She breaths out, not really believing that she is standing in front of her.

"Hi." JJ replies softly. "Can I come in?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah sure." Laura holds the door open, gesturing for JJ to enter.

Closing the door behind her she faces JJ. "So, what's up?"

Scratschin the back of her head, JJ collects her thoughts. "I have talked to some people, and I have thought a lot." She rambles, not meeting Laura's eyes.

Nervously looking JJ up and down, Laura tries to figure out how this conversation might end.

"And I- I like you, I really do, and I am really sorry for letting you wait so long and, I-" She takes a deep breath looking at anything but Laura's eyes.

"I'm sorry for rambling, I'm not good at this." JJ states. Shaking her head, Laura lifts her hands. "It's alright, I understand, if you don't like me like this, I really do, I-"

"No, it's not that. It's the opposite really, I like you, and that is why it was so hard on me. I don't want to lose you, and I though that by just pretending that I don't feel anything for you, the way I do, I thought would be the way to not lose you, but I was wrong, alright. I just pushed you away further, and I don't want that. I want you close to me, but that would be selfish-"

"Why is that selfish?" Laura asks, her voice quiet. "Because having me close to you is selfish, then I'd be the most selfish woman known."

"It's because of my job." JJ interrupts, tears springing in her eyes. "I am always gone, for days at a time, I would take the opportunity from you to be with someone, who is devoted to you and you only, and not their work."

"But I don't want anybody, Jennifer, I want you, don't you understand." Laura states interrupting JJ. "And I understand the job, we are in a similar line of work, I know what is going on, but I don't care, I just want you." Tears fills Laura's eyes, as she looks at the blonde woman in front of her.

"There are times where I'll be gone too, but that won't stop me from being with you. Hell, I'd still be with you, even if we just saw each other once a year, and you know why? Because I like you." Laura explains, taking a step closer to JJ.

"I like you Jennifer Jareau, so please don't push me away." She takes another step closer, slowly putting her hand on JJ's arms.

Looking up the blondes teary eyes meet Laura's. Nodding softly, JJ agrees. "Okay."

Enfuldging her in a tight hug, Laura buries her head in JJ's shoulder, feeling that JJ did the same. "Thank you. Thank you for giving us a chance." Whispers the brunette.

JJ nods against her shoulder. "Thank you for not hating me."

Letting go of her, Laura looks at her seriously. "I could never hate you."

Smiling softly at Laura through her tears, JJ thanks her quietly.

Looking sheepishly at her feet Laura, clears her throat. "So, I am allowed to call you my girlfriend now?"

Nodding her head, smiling happily, JJ takes her hand. "Yes, and I can call you mine."

"So then, that also means that I am allowed to do this?" Laura points between herself and JJ. Furrowing her eyebrows JJ looks at her weirdly. "Do what?"

Instead of answering, Laura closes the space between then, bringing their lips together. Feeling JJ relax almost immediately in the kiss, returning it, Laura starts smiling.

"This." She whispers, against JJ's lips, as they continue the soft kiss, savouring their sweet moment, Laura's hands framing JJ's face, and hers around her waist, both pulling each other closer.

Letting go of each others lips to catch their breaths, they press their foreheads together.

"Pizza and a movie?" Laura asks, smiling happily at the blonde. Chucking JJ agrees. "Sounds amazing."

> THE END<