Part 31

Olivia POV

I looked at my phone again, reading over her messages for the billionth time that day, one hand holding my phone and the other holding the tub of ice cream.

Apparently ice cream is supposed to help when I'm feeling like this. Broken, hurt, confused, ashamed, scared. But amongst all these feelings, I still find comfort in Mia's messages, even though she stopped sending them after a couple of days.

I ignored her after we kissed, and I'm still ignoring her now. She seemed to take the hint pretty quickly but that didn't stop her from messaging me every now and again, he messages making me feel less alone, but now she's stopped messaging me, leaving me to wallow in my own self pity. Yay.

I scroll up to the messages we shared the day we kissed, and I smile brightly.

From: Bitch ♥️

Hey, I just got home, whatcha up to? x

Sent on the 17th April at 4:27 pm

From: Olivia 🙄

You literally saw me ten minutes ago, I'm still downstairs watching Netflix, in the same position as I was when you left 😂 x

Sent on the 17th April at 4:29 pm

From: Bitch ♥️

Sorry, I thought you'd actually get off your lazy ass, but apparently not 😂 xx

Sent on the 17th April at 4:30 pm

From:  Olivia 🙄

Ha ha, you're funny xx

Sent on the 17th April at 4:30 pm

From: Bitch ♥️

The funniest 😘 xx

Sent on the 17th April at 4:32 pm

After that we went onto discussing anything, my cheeks heating up whenever she sent an 'x' at the end of her messages. I felt so giddy and happy that it terrified me. It hit me later that night what we'd done and so I sent her a message late at night, and now I'm reading that message again, a violent pang in my chest as guilt washes over me as I stared down at the words across the screen.

From: Olivia 🙄

Goodbye Miller. I can't do this.

Sent on the 18th April at 3:56 am

She'd sent a long string of messages in the morning, consisting of 'why' and 'what did I do wrong', and I didn't reply to a single message. She tried to talk to me during school but I walked right past her as if she wasn't there. I guess I'm the bitch now, huh?

From: Bitch ♥️

Can we talk?

Olivia?

I know you're reading these texts. Answer me.

Olivia!! Please!!

Have you eaten anything today?

How are you?

Are you just going to keep ignoring me?

Olivia please, just talk to me!

Fine, don't.

Olivia!

Fucking answer my messages!