Chapter V

okay first of all. i'm sorry for not uploading earlier but i had a super busy day yesterday. but here is chapter 5!! i do kinda know where i'm going to with the story line so stay tuned lol

— — —

Rob Jetten's POV

I close the double doors behind me and look at Jesse while closing them. He has his thumbs up and there's even a smile on his face. "Good luck, and If you need anything, I'm here".

The room is small, and I believe it used to a office. There is still a desk, chair and a bookshelf inside the room. But it is now a walk in closet. Clothes are either folded or hanged, and everything is pretty tidy if you ask me. There's a small laundry basket on the floor and I bet Jesse must take it home every now and then because it's empty.

I don't really know if I even wanna call Sjoerd, but my gut feeling tells me otherwise. Because I will definitely make things even worse when I don't call him. I look at my phone, which was already in my hand and I have over 13 missed calls from Sjoerd, loads of texts from him and even my mother.

Maybe I should just call my mother first, she probably knows what to do. The relationship with my mother is amazing. And I truly believe she is the best mother someone could ask for. I grew up in a small town in the south of Netherlands and when I came out it was quite a taboo. And she showed me unconditional love and support, which was something I actually needed at that time.

I dial my mom, and I just wait for her to pick up the phone. It rings a few times before hearing her soft voice. "Hi, darling".

Her voice sounds just like usually, so I don't think she's mad at me. I can feel the weight of the world fall off my shoulders, even though I haven't talked to Sjoerd yet.

"Hi mom", I say quietly. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth. I just smile, and sit down on top of the desk. I don't get why Jesse likes sitting on desks so much but it'll do for now. I put my phone on the speaker and I place the phone next to me on the desk. "I'm sorry if I disappointed you".

It stays quiet on the other side, and I can't really tell whether it's a good sign or not. I truly don't want my mother to be disappointed in me, but if she is, I'll fully understand. While waiting for her to say something I just tap the top of my legs and try to distract myself. When she doesn't respond, I simply ask: "Are you still there?"

"I am, but I'm just thinking about everything", she tells me honestly. A lot has happened today and I can't imagine reading all those news articles about your kid. She must've gone through a lot today. "But I am disappointed".

Oh no. I close my eyes and let out a deep sigh, I mean, I saw this coming. But it's the worst feeling ever, the woman I love the most in this whole world is disappointed in me. I honestly don't want to cry but I'm close. "I know, mom".

"How could you do this to Sjoerd?", She asks me. To be honest, I wonder that too. I didn't even have sex with Jesse, but I don't really know why I did what I did. Is my relationship with Sjoerd not satisfying me enough? My relationship with Sjoerd is amazing and I'm the happiest person ever since I met him. But I do like the mystery that is Jesse Klaver, he confuses me constantly. All kinds of thoughts are in my head and I hear my mother say something else. "Sex, sex with another politician".

"I didn't, mom", I say, I hope she believes me. I stare at the phone on the desk. I stand up and try to calm down. "I know it's hard to believe, but I didn't".