Preface

The letter read-

The letter read-

Oh beauty of the three worlds, after listening to your qualities and beauty, I have fixed my mind on you. Oh Krishn! You are lion among men. Which noble girl would not select you as her husband ? Therefore, I have surrendered myself to you. Oh Krishn! Please make me your wife, my Kanha! I yearn for you.

Let jackals like Shishupala never get me as his wife who belongs to one lion like you. Without you, my life has no meaning as this Rukmini only wishes for your lotus feet. If this Rukmini has sufficiently done worship of my God through sacrifices and pious work, and through worship of Brahmanas, Gurus and my parents then may you help me and make me your wife and no other person.

Oh Krishn! When my wedding ritual is about to begin, please come with your army and win with Caidya and Magadhendra and marry me within Rākṣasa style, winning me with Your valor. You may think that as I will be within my inner chamber, how will you take me away without slaying some of my close relatives and other kings? But I have one plan. On the day before my marriage, there is one ritual of going to temple of Mother Gauri and worshipping her.

On that day, you please come and win with all forces of other kings, take me on your chariot and marry me. If you do not come, then I will end my life. Then I will worship you even for hundred lifetimes, but one day, I will be able to get your mercy and be your wife.

Krishn had read the letter. With a fixed gaze, he was staring towards the sea. His mind wove the thought of Vaidarbhi. The brahmin who was seated on one golden seat said to Krishn, "What have you thought Oh Dwarkadhish? Will you come to marry Rukmini? Krishn smiled. "I had also started loving Rukmini when I saw her walking within her palace garden when I had come to discuss some matters with King Bhishmaka. But I know her wicked brother Rukmi does not want me to marry Vaidarbhi. But now that I know Rukmini's feeling of love for me, I will leave for Kundinapur the next day.

The Brahmin was happy

The Brahmin was happy. He also wished for wedding of Rukmini with Krishn. Mother Gauri's blessings were with Vaidarbhi.

Note-

Hey friends hope you liked this first chapter and vote for this chapter please. Your votes are encouragement to write more. Sri Rukmini Dwarkadhisha!

Characters of this text are-

Krishn - Ruler of Dwarka, manifestation of Lord Vishnu.

Rukmini(Vaidarbhi) - Princess of Vidarbha who becomes wife of Krishn.

Bhishmaka-Father of Vaidarbhi.

Mahadevi - Rukmini's mother and beloved wife of Bhishmaka.

Rukmi - Rukmini's brother and son of Mahadevi and Bhishmaka.

Vasudev and Devaki - Parents of Krishn.

Rohini - Mother of Balaram (Dau), second wife of father of Krishn.

Subhadra - Sibling of Dau and Krishn, who is Vasudev and Rohini's child.

Shishupala - Wicked prince of Chedi.

Jarasandha - Ruler of Magadh.

Satyabhama - Third wife of Krishn.

Jambavanti - Wife of Krishn.

Bhadra, Yamuna(Kalindi), Lakshmana, Nagnajiti, Mitravinda - Wives of Krishn.

Daruka - Charioteer and devotee of Krishn.

Cover credit- Dharmaatmika Thank you for this cover which is fantastic.