Rukmini Haran .

Sunanda went from village to village and valley to valley, finally setting his feet on the soil of Dwarka. He went to the palace, requesting the guard to let him meet Krishn.

The guard told Dwarkadhish, that one brahmin wanted to meet him. The noble Dwarkadhish, got up from his seat and himself went to welcome the guest of Dwarka.

"I welcome you to Dwarka, Oh noble priest. What has brought you to my place? Ok let's talk about that later. First eat something. Refresh your self and then tell me", said Dwarkadhish.

The brahmin was surprised. He had never seen this kind of humbleness from any ruler (except Bhishmaka) .

On order of Dwarkadhish, the chefs made tasty meals and brought for the brahmin serving him on one plate of gold.
The brahmin ate his meal and was satisfied.

Dwarkadhisha himself sat near the brahmin and asked "Why have you come to Dwarika noble man? Any thing important?"

Sunanda - I'm brahmin Sunanda and Bhishmaknandini Rukmini has sent me here to give you one letter.

Dwarikadhish - Your princess? Oh! She has sent you? Give that scroll to me, I want to read that please.

Sunanda gave the princess's letter.

Dwarikadhish read that letter, which demonstrated Rukmini's love for him. He was touched through her letter.
"I will save Rukmini from that Shishupal. Her brother does not care for her happiness. He only wants friendship with Shishupal. I will save Kundinapur from that Shishupal".

The brahmin was pleased for Vaidarbhi.

Dwarikadhish told his Naarayani sena to be ready for war. Rukmini's wedding was day after tomorrow and the day before, was of wedding rituals of Kundinapuri. As Rukmini had said Dwarkadhish, would go to get her on the day previous to her wedding with Shishupal. He would take her on his chariot infront of Shishupal.

The brahmin thanked Krishn, while leaving for Kundinapuri.

Dwarikadhish told this thing to his brother Balaram on whom he trusted very much.

Balaram would take care of the other kings while Dwarikadhish would take Rukmini on his chariot to Dwarka. That was their plan. The next day finally dawned.

Rukmini was sad. Brahmin Sunanda had not yet reached Kundinapuri. She thought "Maybe Goddess Gauri is not with me. I do not want to marry Shishupal. But there is no news of Krishn. Has Sunanda given him that letter?"

Meanwhile, her mother Mahadevi was pleased because Rukmini was about to marry Shishupal. "My Vaidarbhi, do not do any thing which may make your husband angry on you. Forever stay loyal to him. I'm pleased for you dear." Only Rukmini knew that she could never be loyal to any one if not her love Krishn.

Mahadevi herself sent Rukmini for bath where her maids put turmeric paste on Rukmini's arms and legs. After her bath she put one pink sari with flowers decorating her tresses and one veil which half covered her lotus face. She had bangles on her wrists, rose gold earrings in her ears and strings of white pearls, sapphires, and gems which adorned her neck.

She had to go to Mata Gauri's temple. With her mother, Rukmini went to Mata Gauri's temple. Meanwhile, the army of Caidya, Magadh and of other kings had arrived with Jarasandha and Shishupal. The next day was the wedding day of Rukmini and Shishupal. According to his duties, King Bhishmaka went to welcome those forces.

Rukmi was also present there to welcome Shishupal. Now Jarasandha and Shishupal, with some other kings went to the Gauri temple. Their army was some distance away from the temple. Shishupala would himself get his to be wife on his chariot to the palace.

Rukmini had made up her mind. If her love would not come, she would not wish to live. Mahadevi gave one plate of flowers to Rukmini for worshipping Mata Uma. They went into the temple. The maids were near Vaidarbhi. Shishupal and his army with Jarasandha were outside the temple.

Rukmini went near the idol of Goddess Uma. She started to wash the lotus feet of the goddess with holy water and offered flowers to the goddess thus praying only for one thing that her love must come to save her. Finally her worship was done and they had to go to the palace. Mahadevi said "My dear Vaidarbhi, your husband has come outside the temple. He is waiting his to be wife." Rukmini did not want to meet Shishupal. She had known his evil and weird character. She thought "Its time for me to slay myself. My love hasn't come to take me." She came outside the temple. She was walking down the staircase, when Shishupal saw her.

Shishupal was mesmerised with her beauty. The other kings also, were fascinated with her beauty. She was like one apsara. When Rukmini reached the end of the whole staircase, she was even sadder. As she was about to turn to the chariot she felt some kind of breeze. The mud flew into the air and each one there was blinded for some time due to dust going into their eye.

Rukmini did not even realise when a hand held her waist thus pulling her into one chariot made of gold

Rukmini did not even realise when a hand held her waist thus pulling her into one chariot made of gold. She shouted as to who he was, then she stopped for one minute, as she saw that the man on the chariot had one peacock feather in his crown and was tall. He was Dwarkadhish! Rukmini's beloved had come to save her. Tears came from her lotus eyes and Dwarikadhish wiped them. He smiled. He held her close to him. She was truly pleased for, her wish had come true. She thanked Goddess Gauri for this favour.