Awakening - Part 2

A dark shadow dashed through the rooftops of Konoha, unnoticed by anyone. The shadow took a sharp turn from the market square towards the more wealthier and quaint parts of the village. Soon the large white mansion with the signature Yin-Yang symbol of the Hyuuga on the gate became visible.

The shadow came out of his hiding and stepped forward. The guards standing at the gate looked startled as the young man of about 14 sneaked up on them. They were about to attack when they noticed exactly 'who' this shadow was. They lowered their spears and the guard on the left smiled at the red-streaked blonde who had stepped out of the shadow,

"Ah Naruto-kun, you scared us..." The guard said sheepishly.

"...I apologize Hyuuga-san..." The familiar monotonous voice told them quite unapologetically.

They sweatdropped and let him enter the compound. He was a common visitor in the Hyuuga compound. They had seen their little brunette princess call him 'Onii-chan' and she also frequently went out with him for either training or ice cream...Hanabi loved ice cream.

Just after entering the compound Naruto noticed nothing was wrong. The Hyuuga mansion was buzzing with activity as always, the servants were working on their daily chores. It was a normal day at the Hyuuga compound.

"...Naruto-kun...I didn't expect to see you here..." He turned around hurriedly to come face to face with the smiling woman with midnight blue hair and pale lavender eyes.

"...Greetings Himari-Oba-san..." He greeted her with a small bow of courtesy.

The woman smiled serenely at him and asked, "...Here to see Hanabi is it? Unfortunately she is practicing in the dojo now...One of our most reputed teachers are teaching her now...I am afraid that she won't be able to meet you...Although..." She trailed off in the end with a finger on her chin...

"...What Oba-san?"

"...Hiashi-kun was looking for you, you know?" She muttered.

'...What? Hiashi-Oji-sama was looking for me...That weird...And why is Oba-san acting all weird too?' Naruto asked himself.

"...Naruto...I smell something fishy here..." The familiar voice of Kurama said from his mindscape...She hasn't talked to him for a few days...

'...We BOTH smell something fishy here...' Naruto told her with a frown.

"...Okay...So where is Hiashi-Oji-sama now Oba-san?" Naruto asked Himari after talking with the Kyuubi.

"...He's in a council meeting Naruto-kun. And no. You can't meet him later, he said it was VERY urgent. You must go meet him now" She told him.

Naruto's inner frown deepened...This was highly unusual. But if it was Hiashi who was looking for him then it must be urgent. Hiashi isn't the type of person to fool around like this...

"...Very well...I shall return when Hanabi has finished her training...For now I will go meet Hiashi-Oji-sama..." Naruto turned his back on her and started to move out. In the hallway he came across a door and froze in his steps,

'...I could've sworn I heard some –'

"Why are you standing there Naruto-kun? Go meet Hiashi...Fast" Himari announced from the other end of the hallway.

' – whimpering noises coming from inside the door...Meh, Maybe I am thinking too much...' Shaking his head out of his thoughts Naruto ran out of the door and vanished in the shadows to search for Hiashi.

...Maybe if he'd turned back just for a moment Naruto would have heard the relieved sigh coming from the 'woman'. The illusion around 'her' dissolved as the new person that came out of the Henge whispered to himself, "...That was too close..." With that he smirked victoriously and opened the door in front of which Naruto stood just a moment ago. There was a tied up, bound and gagged woman with midnight blue hair along with another little brunette girl who were both unconscious...