𝟐𝟑. 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

"Your highness, I received a package for you." One of the maids came and placed it in front of her on the vanity table while she was getting ready for the day.

She dressed in a simple lilac dress, and her hair made up.

"Please call me Eunhae." The girl replied and picked up the box wrapped in brown paper.

"Who's it from?" Eunhae inquired after seeing no mention of who sent it.

"I'm not allowed to disclose that information." She apologised with a bow and Eunhae gave her a tight smile in response before she left.

The girl slowly untied the string from the top and unwrapped the paper to find a black box inside.

She then opened the lid to find another layer of white paper covering the box from inside.

She poked her hand inside and felt something with a smooth surface made of plastic. She gripped onto it and took it outside to reveal a transparent cassette player.

She furrowed her eyebrows and placed her hand in again to take out a wire that was revealed to be a set of earphones.
She felt inside the box again to check for anything else left and found an envelope attached to the wall of the box.

A black envelope which had a red stamp on it.
It looked identical to the envelope they received on their first day.

She scanned the cassette player once again and then held up the envelope to open it with sweaty palms.

A letter was found inside the envelope and she gulped a lump in her throat before getting ready to read it.

Greetings,
This is something that belonged to your father and I saved it so I could give it to you when we finally met.
Yours truly.

That was all the note said.
Eunhae placed it down and widened her eyes once she noticed the initials written down on the cassette player with a black marker.
'K.J.'

She traced her finger on the letters and tear unwillingly fell down her cheek.

She had no idea of what the initials stood for.
She had forgotten the names of her parents.

▪︎♡▪︎

"And to your left is the royal garden which was meant for the queen to walk around during her free time." The staff member explained while pointing towards the glass door decorated with paintings of flowers and plants.

"If I knew becoming a royal would mean no weekends off then I would've just died instead." Riki complained with an annoyed expression as they all walked ahead in the silent corridors.