Chapter 5

Grouchy fall down onto the floor in his house. Then he murmured, waving his hands wildly.

"I can change, I can change, I can change."

Then he finally opened his eyes.

"Where am I?"

Then he touched his face and body and relized that he is not dead.

"I'm back! And I'm alive!" shouted Grouchy. He got up, and looked at the window, and then looked at the clock. It was 5:30.

"It's not Christmas morning yet!" said Grouchy. Then he grabbed the mini hanglider and cried,

"There's still time to set things right!"

The morning came, and there was a joyful Christmas Carol song on the Smurf's Village. Papa Smurf woke up, and laughed joyfully. Brainy woke up also, and heard the song.

"What is that?" he asked.

They soon found out who was singing a Christmas Carol. Smurfette, Brainy, Hefty, Papa Smurf, and few of them went to the place where the sound came. They saw a place where a big Christmas Tree on the middle with beautiful decorations. The fireplace was on outside. There was also a delightful, delicious smell of baking a fruit cake. They were all delighted.

"Well, well, look who's finally up!"

It was Grouchy!

"Grouchy? You did all this?" asked Papa Smurf.

"I even baked the fruit cake!" said Grouchy, holding out the plate. All of them gasped.

"And," added Grouchy, "I was wrong. Christmas isn't a time for hating! That's what the other days are for."

Then he slowly went up to Papa Smurf.

"I was busy only focusing what I wanted," confessed Grouchy, "and I didn't see the real gift - I was having a family, that cares, although I'm grouchy!"

Papa Smurf smiled, and handed out a present.

"Merry Christmas! I know it isn't the hanglider you always asked for, but I made it just for you." said Papa Smurf.

"Thanks, Papa," said Grouchy. Then he opened the present.

"A new hat!"

Then, after a while, he hugged Papa Smurf, with love and sorry.

After that, he held out a star which was actually from the mini hanglider. Grouchy re-made it! Then, he hung the star on top of the tree.

"Merry Christmas, everyone!"

Everyone cheered.

While Grouchy climbed down the ladder, he thought of the sentence which Papa said.

"Wait a minute, if Papa knew I wanted a hanglider..." he said to himself.

"Remeber," shouted Papa, "It's just for you!"

Grouchy knew what it meant. He jumped out of the ladder, and instantly, the hat became a balloon, and Grouchy flew! He laughed excitedly, but soon crashed with a snowman nearby.

"Oh no!" said Papa Smurf.

Grouchy got up.

"Uugh! I hate snow! And I hate being cold!" Then he looked at the carrot he was holding.

"And I hate carrots...? But most of all, I hate Christmas..."

Everyone was worried again when Grouchy said this, but they relized the true meaning.

"...is only once a year!"

-The End-