.03.

We sat down on the couch after cleaning up our breakfast and made some coffee and tea.  We were quiet for a while. I didn't know what how to start or from where to start. He noticed how quiet I was and decided to lead the conversation himself.

"So ... what happened yesterday?" He took a sip of his tea not looking at me, making sure I was not uncomfortable. 

" Someone tried to kill me yesterday." It was a little bit blunt but he didn't seem as surprised as I thought he would.  He was calm and controlled, probably to keep me calm too.

He carefully placed a hand on my knees to encourage me to keep going. "Start from the beginning of the day okay? " I nodded taking a sip of my drink.

"While I was at work I recieved pictures ... pictures of me in the present time. Someone was taking pictures of me in the cafe and were sending it to me. So .....out of fear I left the place as soon as possible." I stopped to take another sip of my drink and take a deep breath.

I continued,  "... and when I was out trying to get back home ,  someone tried to attack me, or kill me I'm not even sure, in that dark alley between the two large building you saw me coming out from. I had pepper spray on me so I used it on the person and ran away. That's when you found me. "

" I'm sorry that you had to go through this Skylar. " I froze, how did he know my name I never said my name. I started to panic and looked at him.

This can't be happening maybe I  misunderstood something.  "How do you know my name? " I demand an answer, unconsciously I was being defensive.

He stood up and disappeared for a while not saying any before he came back with my name tag, my phone,  and ID. Relieve rushed through me.
" Sorry I made you panic, I am not trying to cause you harm. You had those on you that day, the nurse found them in your clothes and gave them to me." He explained while scratching his head, a sheepish smile on his face.

I took them from him," I'm sorry, I made a rushed judgement... I'm just wary of my surroundings. "

While nodding he said " I understand"
"There's a friend of mine who can help. He's a police officer-  sorry I have to take this call. " A phone rang in the middle of the conversation cutting him off.

He disappeared for a few minutes to answer his call, I couldn't hear the conversation. Mainly because I was busy thinking about my situation.  I snapped back to reality when he sat next to me.

" Speaking of the devil, my friend - John just called. He's coming here in a few minutes ."  He stood casually in front of me with his hands in his pocket.  " I see... "  I trailed.

Suddenly his expression changed to a frown " Wait, why didn't you report your case to the police?"

A humourless laugh came out of my mouth, " I've reported twice and they dismissed me, saying it's a prank. And that I needed more evidence. It was all before the stalking pictures tho and around the time the threats became harsher ."  My hands quoted the word "evidence "in the air

" Really?!"  He was really surprised and taken back. He let out a laugh of disbelief.  His reaction was kind of weird but not really.

" Okay. " He took a seat next to me and sat down this time looking at me. "Show me from where it all started."

I nodded and gave him my phone from the very first message to the very recent ones.  Some of the messages looked like this :

U looked realy good today

reply to me plz

if u don't reply I will kil you

I swear to god sky I will be good to you

how dare u report me when I'm just good to you

Ull regret it and pay for it

I like you

you're such a bitch and a fucking whorre

look at u girl u look hot * pictures attached*

Plz I just like you

*many pictures with no context attached *

be mine * more pictures attached*

Those were some of the messages sent to me by that person called Scorpi0n.
" As you can see the emails started to get worse when I reported the first time to the police." I sighed. "And I stopped reporting because no one seemed to help and the emails got worse and worse."

" What a sick creep. " he clutched his hands and managed to say through gritted teeth. Anger laced his words and he seemed genuinely worried. For a moment I felt safe. Someone had finally heard my story and believed in me.

" As you can see it started about a week ago. And I was attacked 1 day ago."
He looked very serious when he nodded.  "Did you see anyone acting weird or could be a suspect at the cafe ?" 

It took me a while to answer, I tried to remember anything " No, not that I remember. " I tried to think of anything that can help but nothing came to mind.

He seemed to be in deep thought "What about the security cameras in the cafe ?"

My head perked up,  that's right! We have security cameras in the cafe Everything has to have been recorded by it "Yes! We do have them."  A rush of hope rushed through me maybe all this will be over soon.

" I'll ask John to get that day's footage  and maybe we'll able to catch him ." He smiled at me full of hope.

I wrapped my hands around me protectively. "Do you think I'll get through this ?"  I stared at the ground.

"You will get through this, and I promise to protect you at all cost."  He gave me a lopsided smile. That made me feel much better.

The bell suddenly rang, John had finally arrived.