.09.

SILAS

"Hey man!" Liam fist-bumped my hand as he greeted me. "Hey man." I greeted back.

"What's up, dude!" Dylan greeted me as well and I greeted him back too.

" Where's Maddox ?" I asked not seeing him around. "He won't come today, he's too tired," Dylan explained as he lighted up a cigarette. " Want one ?" He extended his hand and offered me a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

I scrunched up my nose ." Nah, you know I quit," I smirked proudly. "Damn he did quitclaim. I lost the bet damn it." Liam smiled proudly, he had won the bet.

Dylan opened his wallet and gave Liam a scrunched up piece of money, which I could not tell how much was it worth. Liam accepted it gladly and buried it in his pockets.

I laughed, "You guys are seriously betting on me now ha?" I rested my back on the car lazily.

They both laughed, "What can we say, your life is interesting. Very eventful. We even bet on when you'll hook up with the chick. Although I don't think you will. You're too obedient." Dylan retorted blowing smoke in the air. 

I glared at both of them, "Hey keep her out of this." I was serious this time. Liam eyed me suspiciously then smirked playfully. "You like her."  Realizing he was close to winning the bet. I didn't reply but heard a cuss coming from Dylan.

"So when will you do the first move?" Liam wiggled his eyebrows elbowing me playfully continuing to test my limits.

I attacked him playfully as he kept tapping my arms to free him from the headlock he's in.  So I let him free after a while. "Damn you almost killed me there Silas."

"Mark wouldn't be happy, plus it's too dangerous for her," Dylan commented with a frown.

I nodded sadly standing upright again, I knew all this, "I know" I kicked a small pebble watching it disappear in the darkness.

"Speaking about that sky girl, Did you leave her alone again?" Liam asked curiously.

" Yeah, I locked the door well, I'm not stupid."

Dylan threw his cigarettes and stepped on them to put them off. " We know you aren't, but you should still take care. Especially with Scorpi0n on the run like that."

"Did you tell Skylar about the email you received?" Liam opened a Pepsi can and gave it to me, then opened one for Dylan and himself.

"No. I couldn't. " I replied shortly.

A few days ago I had received a text from scorpi0n, it happened few days after the cafe incident.  The email said:

I know ur secrets

Honestly, it worried me greatly, but mostly I was worried about Skylar. I couldn't even tell her, afraid that it'll just add to her anxiety and worries. That's the last thing I wanted for her.

"I think you should tho. She'll feel left out and betrayed." Liam pointed out looking at me.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Liam, she already is dealing with enough." Dylan sided with me this time. They both had their points honestly.  The situation is complicated. Most importantly, I didn't want the sky to get hurt.

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration, life was complicated.

" By the way, do you think the serial killings that have been happening is related to scorpi0n? " I looked at them worry evident on my face.

This time Liam answered. " I think it is and that worries me about both you and sky."

"I think so too." Dylan agreed with Liam. It was the first time seeing them both agree on something. I sighed.

We continued to chat a little more but realised it was already too late and I needed to head back home. I couldn't leave her alone any longer.  Not to mention the last thing I want to happen is her finding out about all this. I couldn't deal with that now at all.

Through the past weeks, I'll admit that I've grown to fancy Skylar. A lot. I was finding it harder as time passed to hold myself back any longer. However, I respected her. I couldn't be selfish and just tell her I like her. Especially in the situation, we were both in. Unless she did the first movie, I don't think I'll be able to hold back. 

I honestly couldn't tell if we liked me back or was it just one-sided. Which will be very sad if that was the case. I never tried to flirt with her, afraid I'll just be turned down or that it'll make things awkward. Especially that we sleep and practically live in the same area.

I just hoped and prayed that all this will be over soon. I wasn't even sure why John and the department couldn't catch scorpi0n. Was it that hard to catch a stalker? I doubted.

I honestly won't wait for John to figure things out. I had decided I'll take matters into my own hands and lay low.

I took a U-turn and stopped by an open pharmacy. I went quickly and grabbed something to help her sleep better. I've noticed that she was struggling lately with her sleep. Maybe this might ease it up a bit.

I went back home and quietly placed everything in place, afraid I'll wake her up. I went close to her to take a better look at her since her covers had slipped and we're not covering her properly. God was she beautiful. I couldn't help but feel like an absolute jerk,  I didn't know what she would feel once she knew about my life. I just don't want her to leave. I grabbed the covers and covered her up properly so that she was all warm then left.

I changed my clothes quietly and quickly. She seemed to be asleep, thank God. I slowly and carefully tucked myself under the covers on the couch and just immediately slept the moment I placed my head on the pillow.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

Authors note:

Hello everyone!
I hope everyone is staying safe and well.  ♡

I have a question for my fellow readers, do you guys prefer it when the author is strict/ keeping it professional not leaving authors note in chapters and interacting with the readers, OR do you like to see author notes and the author saying their thoughts and interacting, leaving questions etc. please do let me know I'd very much appreciate it!  Would love to hear your thoughts about the story so far as well, it'll help me improve even more in the future ♡

Thank you for the endless support ♡

Have a great day,  stay safe, stay well ♡