.04.

We welcomed John in and I got to know him. I had seen him before while reporting my case the very first time. However, he was not the cop in charge that day and could not help.   However, he did hear my story and he knew almost all the details about what happened.

We sat down and had to explain everything to him, from where it all started.  While explaining I noticed how he was so attentive just like the man who helped me through all this - which I have yet to know his name.  
I couldn't even pick his name up from John because he kept calling him dude. It was frustrating and I had to tap his shoulders before I could speak to him to get his attention.

" Ok let me get this straight... You almost got killed a day ago? " He frowned in disbelief.  I nodded silently.
" Shit, I'm so sorry that happened."
I stayed quiet until the man with no name spoke first.

" Right now the most important thing is to get the security camera footage as soon as possible. " He looked at John who was willing to help and end all this.

" Okay man, I'll do my best but it might take a few days the whole department is so busy these days. You know last month, the body I found -" I cut him off terrified.

My eyes widened. " You found a body last month?! "  Why wasn't anyone telling anything and the man other no-name seemed to know about it. If we don't catch scorpi0n as soon as possible I may just be the next body they find next time. It was just crazy.

The man narrowed his eyes in a glare at John who looked at him apologetically "Calm down Skylar, nothing will happen to you. I promise ."  He patted my back.

" let's focus on your case okay? John will do his best and solve it ."  He gave me a supportive smile that washed my worries away. He seemed to be exchanging looks with John who understood him just fine.

" Okay, what do we do now- Oh, wait! I can go get the footage myself,  it's where I work, after all, that will save us time. " I said excitedly, maybe we were so close to solving this.

The man with no name didn't like the idea at first. "You can't go alone, I'll have to come with you. Otherwise, it won't be safe for you. " He clapped his hands once. "Okay, John we will collect the evidence, and you will report the case to the department." John nodded in agreement and stood up.

" Perfect. Stay safe you guys I'll have to go now, duties are calling. " He waved his radio in the air and headed to the door.

"Stay safe man." The man patted John's shoulders twice before John left.

I felt relieved that everything was going to be over soon. I looked at the man, "Thank you so much." My eyes started to water a bit.

He smiled tilting his head slightly. "You're very welcome."
Suddenly his phone started ringing, he picked it up and answered. "Yes, I'll be there in a bit, I understand,  ok"  and with that, he ended the call and looked at me.

"There's a place I need to go to right now, I might be a bit late but I'll be back and we will go to the cafe, yeah ?"  He looked at me apologetically, he was in a rush.

I couldn't hold him back any longer, and I can't do anything about it, he had already helped a lot. " I understand. If you want I can prepare dinner ?" I tried to mask the disappointment in my voice.

" Yeah sure, sounds great !" He grabbed his keys looking enthusiastic about the dinner I had mentioned.  Before he left he stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me. " Don't even think about going there alone okay? You are free to do anything, watch TV, cook, sleep -  just don't mess around with my stuff okay ?"  His pointer finger pointed at me.

I let out a small breathy laugh, "You don't  have to worry,  I'll be on my best behaviour." I raised my hands in the air to promise him. And with that, he left. 

°°°°°°°°

Hours have passed, and he was nowhere to be found. It was already 1 am and I was getting so tired. Suddenly I heard my notifications, I've received an email, again.  So far I've received three emails, while the man with no name was gone.

I opened the emails;

I miss you
Why are you not going out
Whorre

The look of disgust and anger masked my face. How can anyone be this evil and disgusting? I allowed myself to shed some tears everything will be okay, I took a deep breath.

The time I spend alone made me overthink a lot of things. I thought about the possibility of the man with no name being scorpi0n. I didn't miss a single horrible scenario without thinking about it.  However, he couldn't possibly be scorpi0n, he was driving at that time.

I was tired of overthinking and everything just drained me. I opened the television to distract myself. I watched the news channel.

Apparently, in the past few months, 5 bodies were found, I was about to be the  6th, I thought to myself. No more details were disclosed to the public, it was just so disturbing.  We have to catch scorpi0n so no more victims will suffer as I did, and no more lives will be in danger.

The door suddenly opened, He was back. He approached me, as I frowned.
He looked like he was in a fight he was a mess.

I stood up worried " What happened? Are you okay?" The only thing that came to mind was did scorpi0n do this to him?

"Why are you so worried, you look pale? Skylar, I'm fine I promise. Just a small misunderstanding." His hands ran through his very messy hair.

My eyes scanned him, he had small bruises and scars on his body, thankfully nothing serious.  He noticed my evident worried expression "Stop worrying, will you? I should apologise to you because we couldn't go to the cafe today. I promise we'll do that first thing in the morning okay? "

I shook my head "That's the last thing you should worry about, have some dinner and let me clean your wounds up okay? " I went to the kitchen and started heating the food.  I didn't leave a room for him to argue back, he smiled kindly and sat down waiting for the food to be served. 

I looked at him wanting to call his name and realised I still don't know his name. I built some confidence and finally asked "Uh by the way... I still don't know your name." That earned me a small laugh.

" I'm Silas"