.13.

The sunlight crippled slowly from the window to the bed lighting the whole room to light up. I slowly opened my eyes while putting my hands in front of the light source to shield myself from going blind.

I had to say this was the best sleep I've got in a very long time. I wasn't sure if it was the pills, Silas, or just getting somehow the answers I wanted or all of the reasons. I just knew I felt good after having a lot of things being cleared up with him.   I stretched my body realizing I was alone in bed.

Did Silas leave again? 

I was alone in the room, he wasn't in the bathroom either. I decided not to jump too fast into my judgments and went downstairs to check upon him.

"Good morning Skylar." A voice came from being startling me, it was Katherine. I placed my hand on my heart to calm down, " Good morning Katherine didn't see you there." I laughed at my pathetic reaction. 

"It's okay dear, I was about to call you actually so you have enough time to clean up before breakfast." Katherine had a smile on as usual.

I smiled back "That's so kind of you. I'm... did you perhaps see Silas? "

"Ah yes, he's on his laptop in the backyard. He woke up very early today." She told me and showed me the way to him. I thanked her and approached him with my hands behind my back.

"What are you doing so early in the morning?" I started up the conversation smiling sheepishly this time.

"I'm checking the footage of the cafe, hoping to find any clue. You didn't think I wondered somewhere again did you?" He smirked playfully teasing me this time. 

"I did not " I crossed my arms lying.

He nodded his head and the smirk didn't leave his face ."Ah I see, you did."  He cracked his hands enjoying how he busted me.  I rolled my eyes, "shut up." I took a seat next to him. I leaned in to see the computer screen to see what he was watching. 

"Did you find anything?" A hopeful look masked my face.

"Well, I did and I have great news. " He crossed his arms and looked at me. My eyes beamed with hope. Waiting for him to tell me everything. 

He stood up, "I'll tell you later. It's what you get for today and yesterday. I'll go have a shower before breakfast." He stretched arrogant watching my reaction. I stamped my left leg like a child, "I hate you." 

I watched him go upstairs while turning around now and then laughing at me. I went ahead and helped Katherine with breakfast, and soon after everyone was on the table except for  Silas.

"Where's Silas?" Mr George asked me.
" He went to  take a quick shower before breakfast, I'll go call him." I stood up and quickly went to our room.

I opened the door not ready for what was there. A shirtless Silas standing in front of me with all his glory taking me off the guard. His body was just sexy. He was wearing only a pair of pants.  He was lean and had prominent back muscles and a set of abs, his shoulders seemed even wider without a shirt on.

I had never seen him shirtless before, I didn't know exactly how or why. I felt my cheeks heat up I was suddenly so flustered all of a sudden. I think I had forgotten the ability to talk . " oh I- um - dinner is ready." I stated and rambled quickly before closing the door behind me. I just made myself the biggest clown on this planet. I even said DINNER, not breakfast. I didn't know what was wrong with me. I facepalmed myself and screamed inside.

I've seen countless naked men yet when I saw Silas, I couldn't control myself. I got too shy and flustered, my heart was beating fast. I was so embarrassed by what had just happened.

I fanned myself on the stairs trying to get a grip and act normal. It's not like I saw him naked or anything. I slapped myself to wake up from the embarrassment I was in.

The door of our room opened, it was Silas - but with a shirt on this time. " I'm sorry I didn't mean to open without knocking like that." I apologized without looking at him ready for him to tease me.

He ruffled my hair, " It's fine, no harm done.  Come on let's go eat yeah?" Why was he so nice,  why wasn't he teasing me? He stretched his hands for me to take it. I was even more and more confused. Even tho I was a bit awkward I smiled and took his hands as we went downstairs to join the family. 

I kept glancing at him everyone and then. He was trying to not make me feel bad, I appreciated him so much. I found myself just growing more fond of him. I loved seeing him smile, I loved hearing him laugh. I loved everything about him. I was falling for him.

We finished breakfast and everyone helped Katherine clean up. We had agreed to go to the sunflower field near us before the sun sets to see the sunset with Silas. Katherine said it's really beautiful and that we would love it. I was very thrilled to go there with Silas.

I was left alone with Katherine doing few things in the kitchen with her. I was cutting some apples since she was going to make our apple pie. "You know Silas is very fond of you." Katherin suddenly said while getting some stuff from the cupboard gaining my attention-catching my surprise.

My eyes widened a little "You think so?" Wanting to know more from her. "I've never seen someone look at someone like that. Makes me want to fall in love again." She lowered her voice and brought her hand near her mouth as if she was telling me a secret then chuckled to herself.

I got a little bit shy hearing that comes from her. I so hoped that what she was saying is true. "I can tell it's the same case with you. You look at him with pure admiration." She added making me even more flustered. Was it that obvious?  I smiled to myself. "Yeah, I do like him." I agreed with her prior statement.

We ended up chatting a bit longer while baking the apple pie and she told me all about how she met her husband and her stories were cute. We kept gushing about men and how Mr George is so romantic.

When the apple pie was finally baked I took a piece for Silas and went upstairs.
" Look who's finally here? What were you chatting about all this time? " He immediately bombarded me with his questions as soon as he saw me. I blushed a bit remembering what happened earlier today and what Katherine and I spoke about just now.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and gave him the slice I had cut earlier.
"Nothing much." I shrugged innocently. He had his eyes fixed on me for a few seconds. "What?" I asked him.  He smiled, "Nothing."

He took a bit of the pie and moaned, "Best pie I've ever had!" Silas complimented taking another bite. "You should thank Katherine, it was all her making." I gave credit to Katherine, she was an amazing cook.

" Can you now tell me what you wanted to tell me in the backyard ?" I chimed excitedly hopeful we will get this over with.

" The police have found suspects and narrowed them down to 3. They match the profiling done on them."