.12.

"Where are you going? " My tone was demanding answers, and strict - a side that I never show unless I was very done from something.

He was a bit startled and surprised but completely composed himself after. "I'll drink water. What's wrong? Having trouble sleeping?"

"Just drinking water? Did you need to drink water from the streets the other times too ?" I raised an eyebrow and stepped a step closer.

Realization flashed through his eyes as his facial expression suddenly got serious.  He closed the door and came closer to me. He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair, then his hands massaged his eyes.

"Let's talk." 

" Yes let's talk explain your fights, your disappearances in the night -which happened way too many times Silas, and the picture of you and who seems like your family in that book back in your apartment. I thought you had no family! Yeah, tell me about all those ?" I dared him, just irking him furthermore.

"Shit" He muttered to himself. His expression was unreadable I could not tell what he was thinking. "Do you trust me?"  He suddenly asked.

I let out a humourless short laugh "Your action makes me question you, Silas!" I throw my hands in exasperation. "What are you hiding? How do you expect me to fully trust you?"

"Please trust me when I say this, I never lied to you. Really. Everything I've done was to genuinely help you, Skylar. I mean it." I couldn't see anything but the truth in his eyes.  He wasn't lying

"Then explain yourself Silas I'm tired so tired. I'm tired of you beating around the bush and just lying low about so many things. "

He sighed "I can't tell you anything right now Skylar, I just can't, Please understand. I was just going for water this time." He paused and laughed a short laugh. " The rest I was just meeting my friends. I told you about the fights someone had attacked me. I didn't start it Skylar I can guarantee you that. About the picture, I never said I had no family, you just assumed it. I only said I live alone." He continued again not breaking the eye contact once.

I hissed, "pfft meeting friends? How do you expect me can to buy that?" I crossed my arms waiting for a reply from him. "Why would you wait till the night and me to sleep go meet your precious friends?" Mocking and sarcasm dripped from my tongue even tho I tried to calm down.

"Why are you raising your voice, calm down" I could see the irritation in his eyed.

"Don't ask me to calm down." I seethed pointing my finger at him.

He came closer and looked me in the eye. "There are some things I can't speak about right now, but I will tell you everything once I get some stuff cleared up. Cross my heart hope to die."
He was not messing around he meant every word, and for some odd reason, I believed him. Even tho his excuses were literal bullshit.

"Why can't you talk about it? What are you hiding? Are you in some sort of a cult or something? "

" No, I promise. It's dangerous for both of us Skylar. I wouldn't want to deliberately hurt you, or hide something from you. Especially you sky." His face was all serious his contact was too strong it made me shy away. I saw something in his eyes this time. Was it lust?  admiration?  I was going crazy now.

I cleared my throat as I turned on my heels "Okay" I left him and went to sleep.

"Just 'okay' that's it?" He looked puzzled, he couldn't believe I just said 'okay.  "Yup," I said popping the 'p' and didn't look at him in the eye. 

"Okay... Do you want water with me?" He carefully worded his sentence. I nodded and with that, he left. I could tell he was trying to change this awkward vibe now.

He soon came back with a glass of water and handed it to me. I grabbed one of the pills and popped it in my mouth. 

"I'm sorry" I heard Silas say from the other side. " I looked at the pills in my hand. I felt like crying suddenly, I tried to swallow my years away. A very short shaking "Why" left my mouth.

"I made you feel like shit, I feel like I've neglected you... I'm just -  God I feel like shit. " He confessed pausing in between.  Tears fell on my hand as I cried quietly.  I went under the blanket and curled up far away from him.

I wanted to tell him that I was sorry too for the outburst I had, and the judgement I threw at his face but I couldn't bring myself to apologise. My goddamn pride. I wanted to tell him I was having a really hard time, trying to be strong and pretend I'm fine.

"Did you get nightmares often?" He quietly questioned.  I could tell he was facing my back. A muffled "yes" came from me.

"Come closer if you want." He softly said, he sensed that wasn't okay, he felt that I needed someone, and it was true I  needed him the most right now even tho I was being stubborn. I just did not want to accept that fact.

I hesitated for a while then finally gave in, putting my pride aside, I pushed myself closer to him and so did he. His arms wrapped around me as a hand wiped my tears away.  He just held me quietly and gave me support.

"Do you promise to be honest with me from now on?"  I whispered against his chest. "I promise." He whispered back pulling me closer. I took a deep breath inhaling his scent.

He reminded me of the smell of the petrichor- he didn't smell like one bs he gave me a similar sense of comfort. The only thing I love from the rain is the damp earthy smell, it brings me comfort as if it was trying to tell me 'everything will be okay, the rain was gone.' I've always hated the rain, it was too sad for me. However, I've always loved the petrichor results from it.

For the first time in a while, I was able to go to sleep peacefully.