Two

Mallie paced in the waiting room, Ben watching her as she walked up and down. Her head wasn't bleeding anymore but she hadn't seen anyone about it. She was waiting to see how Pruitt was before she did anything.

"You really should get your head checked," Ben said.

"I was a surgeon once, Warren. I know," Mallie muttered.

"Why did you quit?" Ben asked. Mallie shrugged.

"Mallie Cruz," someone said. She turned around, seeing Arizona Robbins watching her. "Somebody told me you guys were here and you were hurt," she said.

"Was that somebody Maya Bishop acting like my mom again?" Mallie raised her eyebrows.

"Indeed. C'mon. I'll patch you up," she said.

"I'm fine," Mallie shook her head.

"Cruz, now, or I'll get Meredith," Arizona raised her eyebrows. Mallie scoffed but followed her away.

"Radio me as soon as we hear anything about Captain," she pointed at Ben.

"Will do," Ben nodded.

Mallie followed Arizona down the hallway and into a trauma room. She hopped up onto the bed, watching as Arizona got her gloves on and started examining the cut.

"Want me to page Avery? You need sutures," Arizona said.

"You can do it," Mallie shook her head.

"Okay," Arizona nodded. "Little sting," she said, injecting the numbing solution into her forehead. She sighed as Arizona started suturing her forehead. "Need oxygen?" she said.

"I'm fine," Mallie said.

"What was it?" Arizona asked.

"Apartment fire. We had to smash a window to get out. Pruitt went down when I was looking for civilians," Mallie said.

"Was it bad?" Arizona asked.

"No," Mallie lied.

"Good," Arizona said. "Okay, and tape," she said, putting the suture tape over the wound. "All good," she said, pulling her gloves off.

"Thank you," Mallie said, jumping off the bed.

"You want me to page anyone for you?" she offered.

"No, thanks," Mallie shook her head.

"You sure? Amelia's still here," she said.

"No. Don't tell her, either. She'll just worry," Mallie said.

"You sure?" Arizona checked.

"Yeah," Mallie said. Arizona nodded.

"Okay. Let's get you back to Warren," she said. Mallie nodded, following her down the hallway.

The rest of the squad was waiting and Maya, Travis and Vic jumped up as Mallie walked over. Andy and Jack weren't there, so Mallie figured Pruitt was out of surgery and they were seeing him.

"I'm fine," Mallie said. Maya pulled her down into the seat beside her.

"What are you guys waiting for? Can I get you anything?" Arizona said.

"Just waiting for Andy, now. Thanks, though," Dean nodded.

"Of course. Mallie," she said. Mallie looked up at her. "If you need anything, find me," she said.

"Thanks," Mallie nodded. Arizona nodded and headed down the hallway.

"He pulled through," Maya said. Mallie nodded.