thirty nine

Mallie and Dean sat in the beanery eating noodles for breakfast with Vic, Travis and Ben. Sullivan was loitering near the sink and Mallie was ignoring them talking about orgasms.

"A-are you guys really eating noodles for breakfast?" Ben asked.

"Yes," Mallie said.

"My mom dropped them off," Travis said.

"Honestly, I don't blame Paul for not coming out to Nari. If I was getting this food on the reg, I wouldn't come out of the closet either," Vic said.

"That is still going on, man. Still?" Dean said.

"Mm," Travis hummed.

"Mm, wait. When are we getting our cool new Crisis One vehicle?" Vic asked.

"We're not. We have the aid car. Civilians will meet us at the scene," Dean said.

"Seriously? Even Warren got the Knife Mobile," Vic said.

"Which is now a very expensive storage unit in the back of the barn," Ben said.

"So, are we getting uniforms, at least?" Vic said.

"Yes. We are wearing them now," Mallie said.

"Are you serious?" Vic whined.

"Emmett got a polo shirt," Travis said.

"What?!" Vic gasped.

"He was up all night studying his Trained Civilian binder," Travis said.

"Well, I don't think that's what he was up all night doing," Vic whispered.

"Whoa!" Travis laughed.

"Sullivan, you want to sit down or...?" Ben said.

"No, I'm good," Sullivan said.

"Sullivan, you got company," Beckett said, motioning to a man in glasses beside him.

"Robert Sullivan?" the man said.

"Yeah," Robert said.

"You've been served," the man handed Sullivan a yellow envelope and left the room.

Mallie choked on her noodles, Vic thumping her on the back.

"You good?" Vic muttered.

"Wrong hole," Mallie gasped, grabbing her water and taking a sip.

"That's what she said," Vic and Mallie chorused, smirking at each other.

"Um... - So, uh... - Yeah. B-Bailey's been working a lot, so we haven't had that many nights together, lately," Ben said.

"I miss Amelia," Mallie said.

"Does she know when she'll be home?" Vic asked.

"No. It's more likely that we'll fly up there to see her when I've got two days off in a row," Mallie said. "Which isn't until next week. So, we've got a week without Amelia," Mallie said.

"How are the twins taking it?" Dean said.

"They miss her, but we've been calling every morning and facetiming every afternoon when she's free. She facetimes for the bedtime routine, too, so they're still seeing her," Mallie said.

"Are you missing the orgasms?" Vic asked. "Are married orgasms better than just dating orgasms?" she said.

"I am missing them and yes, they are. She's gotten all possessive now that we're married, not that I'm complaining," Mallie grinned.

"Ew," Dean muttered.

"Not ew. Sexy," Vic nudged Mallie with a smirk.

"Sexy as fuck," Mallie said. "You will get real uniforms eventually, by the way. And I'm working on the Crisis One vehicle," she said.