4

Chapter 4

A few weeks later.

Nyalee woke up sore but she still managed to get up and shower. She was going to visit her mom again. After she threw on clothes and waited for it to be quiet she left out the house.

Other than visiting her mom she would hang out with the guys a lot

Other than visiting her mom she would hang out with the guys a lot. They grew to really like her and enjoy her company. She was kind of starting to open up around them only about minor things though.

She walked to the hospital and greeted the doctor like she always does before going to her moms room. When she got there a man was already in there. He stood about 6'0 and he looked young he didn't look old at all he looked to be in his late 30's.

"Nyalee?" He asked her

"Yea who are you?"

"Your dad"

"Why are you here?" She asked

"There a was a mix up and your mom had me as an emergency contact since we were previously married, she never told me she was pregnant with you until years after the fact and everytime I asked to see you and asked about you she told me you weren't available or there was some type of excuse, I know this is shocking to you, but I would love to get to know you and to have a relationship with you."

"Why did you guys break up in the first place ?" She asked

"Your mom found out I had another daughter, she's about the same age as you "

"Oh" was all she said before sitting down besides her mom. She kissed her hand like she always did and she began to talk to her about things like the whether.

Her dad watched her maneuver. He regretted not being there for her and not getting the opportunity to prove that he wanted to be there. He knew where she lived after all he bought the house.

They made small talk every now and then and she decided to leave.

"Let me take you home " he said

"It's okay, I'll walk" she said

He insisted that he took her home, it was dark outside and he didn't feel comfortable with  not taking her home. 

"Whose home with you since your mom is in the hospital ?"

" oh uh my stepfather" she said

" okay did you eat ?" he said

"Not yet"

"You want to grab some food ? "

"Yea "

They stopped at a soul food restaurant and he let her order whatever it was she wanted as she was walking out she ran into Cameron. He looked at her and her dad and dapped him up before hugging Nyalee

" wassup mr Johnson"

" what you up to?"

" nothing about to get some food and then head home"

"Oh okay "

"Nya were meeting up at the park tomorrow if you coming." He said

"I'll come " she said

"Aight y'all I'll see y'all later "

" be safe" her dad said to him

They walked out the store and they drove to her house.

" do you have a phone that I could text you on ?" He asked

" no "

" okay well I'll be at the hospital tomorrow so hopefully I'll see you then "

She just nodded and thanked him before going in the house. It was quiet so she knew her step father wasn't home yet which was a good thing.

She walked to the shower and did her nightly routine before going in her room and locking the door. She sat on her bed and ate the food her dad had bought her.  She walked downstairs to throw out her food and she heard the door opening up as she was walking out of the kitchen

" nya is that you?" Her stepfather asked

"Ye-yea"

" come here" he

She walked over to the front door and was greeted with a punch to the face. All the beatings she received her stepfather never once hit her face. He always said he wanted to have something pretty to look at and he couldn't look at something ruined.

She just held her stinging face.

"Whose car was that you got out of ?" He asked punching her arms and legs.

"My dads" she managed to get out

" I'm your fucking daddy, where the fuck that nigga been at?" He asked grabbing her cheeks

She didn't say anything to him and he just shoved her head back. He turned to walk off and came back to punch her a few more times. 

She got herself up and walked back into her room and she looked in the mirror. Her eye was starting to puff up.

She was starting to really hate herself and her life here. She wanted to get out of her situation but knew she couldn't until her mom was able to. She missed how her old life was when it was just her and her mom. She didn't have a care in the world about anything. She was very spoiled, still spoiled now but it was hard for her to enjoy it, her mother is a lawyer so she brought in 7 figures.

Her mother dated a few guys and Nyalee liked Damn near all of them, she didn't understand what her mother saw in this guy. There was always signs of an abusive man and she feels as though her mother missed a lot of the signs.

Some days she was angry with her mom because had she seen the signs she would've be able to protect not just herself but her daughter. But instead her mother is in a coma and she's been getting abused.

She laid in the bed and tossed and turned. Her body hurt so bad there was no way she would be able to get comfortable enough to go to sleep, even though she desperately wanted to. She couldn't wait to get to the park the next day to see the guys.

They had no idea that they gave her something to look forward to. It's like she had nothing else to live for. She couldn't be free and be the teenager she wanted to be she was restricted.