Prologue

December 23rd, 1979.

The day a miracle was born. No one would know this yet but the same girl that lost everything in one day, would be the same girl to save everyone in another.

Adhara Black's mother is a pureblood witch, part of a family known for precise perfection. There wasn't a day that went by where their family was talked about. Their history was known for being very dark and evil. Adhara's mother wanted to change that. She didn't believe what her parents or family did, she believed everyone deserves to be loved.

But she wouldn't dare say that out loud, she feared her father more than anyone. He drove her into severe and constant sadness. Her home life was awful, all she wanted was a chance to find her husband and have a perfect family. She was given that chance when in year 5, Sirius Black asked her out. She felt something spark that had never been lit before.

When she met Sirius, he took away this pain for a while. He took her out, made her happy. Made her feel like she was the only person on the planet. Their love seemed everlasting but nothing happy lasts forever.

From their first date to the day, she became pregnant, she was happy. Happy to find a man to love her the way she needed. She just hated that she couldn't tell her family. They would never approve of Sirius Black, the blood traitor.

The day she told Sirius of her pregnancy was an amazing one, to her he seemed like the happiest man in the world. She didn't see the fact his eyes dimmed when he told her. They dimmed because he had not been in love with her, like she was to him. He used her as an escape to get rid of his feelings for a man- not any man, his best friend, Remus Lupin.

By the eighth month of her pregnancy, Sirius came to her and sat her down. He spoke so softly to her it felt like he was dumbing his words down so she could understand. He told her how their relationship would never work because he doesn't love her. Adhara's mother asked Sirius if he even wanted the baby and when he said no, the dam broke and Adhara's mother cried. She cried for hours, she cried for days, she cried for weeks. Not a second went by where she didn't cry.

She cried for herself.

She cried for her unborn baby.

She cried for the cruelty she seemed to face her entire life.

It's unfair how love can be so evil. How such strong emotion can be replicated on just one side. At that moment she truly believed that love really does make you blind.

For days she felt like a fool for not noticing how different he'd act around her than Remus. The way he'd look at him, he never looked at her that way. For days she wondered over and over what she could have done differently. For days she fantasized and dreamed of scenarios where things were different. Where they'd live in a small house just big enough for their family. She dreamed of sending her daughter to muggle school before she'd go to Hogwarts so she could see how different muggles lived compared to wizards.

She dreamed and dreamed until she realized that this would never happen. Her happy story was over and never again would she have another.

The birth of Adhara brought her peace, happiness she hadn't felt in a while. Looking down at the bright blue eyes she gets from her mother, was a good feeling. Adhara was her peace amidst the chaos.

Adhara's mother contemplated over and over if she should call Sirius, so she did. She didn't expect Sirius to actually arrive. Though he wasn't alone, he was accompanied by his new love, Remus.

Adhara's mother felt sick when she saw Remus. Not even days after their breakup Sirius went to Remus. They were praised by everyone for being a couple, something that never happened with her and Sirius. She hated knowing that he was so easily able to move on as if her love meant nothing to him.