Chapter 1

Her room^

-June 1994-

Fifteen years have passed since the tragic night that would forever change the lives of the Black family. After the death of Adhara's mother, Margaret and Regulus got married and decided to officially adopt Adhara as their own, releasing Sirius from his rights. A couple years later Margaret gave birth to Leana, who is currently three-years-old.

Regulus did just as Adhara's mother asked. There were times Adhara would ask about her mother, but the Black couple would just change the subject. Though there was once when he slipped that her mother was a part of a family line longer than the Black's. Over time Adhara never really thought twice about her mother since she saw Margaret as her mother and Regulus as her father.

The couple enjoyed raising Adhara. She turned out to be very smart and an understanding woman- a lot different from her father. Who chose to not talk to Adhara all her life. She had never met the man in person but she was able to know much about him from the tabloids.

"AUROR SIRIUS BLACK RUMORED TO BE LEAVING THE MAGICAL LAW ENFORCEMENT TO JOIN THE MUGGLE DIVISION!"

"SPOTTED IN NICE, FRANCE; AUROR SIRIUS BLACK AND HUSBAND REMUS LUPIN JOINS THE POTTERS FOR A SHORT SUMMER HOLIDAY."

"WHEN WILL THE BLACK-LUPIN COUPLE ADD TO THEIR FAMILY OF TWO-"

"AUROR SIRIUS BLACK RECENTLY BUYS HOUSE IN LONDON. A NICE 5 BEDROOM, 5 BATHROOM HOME FOR THE TWO LOVE BIRDS-"

Just the thought of him made Adhara sick. She hated how he gave up on her. The daily prophet was delivered every morning to their house and there was always one page about him near the beginning, so naturally she read much about him. As much as she didn't want to think about her father, she did but she gave up on the thought thinking how she'd never have to see him in her. That was until today.

The thick blinds that were usually closed sprung open like they always did at 8 am every morning. The window closest to her bed opened and a cool breeze swam in and slapped against Adhara's face. All of her senses came back to her as she pulled her blue eyes open and squinted at the bright light.

As she sat up she heard the knob to her door jiggle before opening. Margaret came in with a weary look on her face. Adhara knew something was up, Margaret was the only morning person she knew so to see her aunt without a smile in the morning was very strange.

"You alright?" The teen asked.

"Er, Addy honey...I have some news." Margaret sat on Adhara's bed. "Look, so this morning we weren't expecting anyone- of course. But it turns out something happened and something changed and your father, well he's...he's downstairs. And so are the Potter's, Weasley's, and Lupin."

Adhara felt like there was no air being filtered in her lungs, after all these years now he wanted to see her.

Why?

What is his motive?

If he didn't want me when I was younger, why is he here now? She thought to herself.

All she managed to get out was a small. "Oh."

"It's okay if you don't want to go down there, it's your choice." Marg compromised.

Adhara stayed quite, all she could think about was the newspapers she read about the infamous "Sirius Black-Lupin, a handsome and outstanding auror!" as Rita Skeeter would say. She knew that Remus Lupin and James Potter were also auror's with her dad; Lily Potter had some fame from being head of the Trauma ward at St. Mungos. And the Wealsey's where known for all being Gryffindors and still believing in Hogwarts House Banter, even though a lot of them graduated from Hogwarts.