The last line

"So much has changed in Seoul, but I'm really glad to see you again, Seri."

Smiling at the handsome visage walking by her side, the Governor's daughter nodded, her hands demurely clutching her handbag in front of her.

They'd just had dinner together at a small local eatery, and were taking a slow stroll along the streets of Seoul before calling it a day.

"As I am, Sang Woo. Thank you for asking me out to dinner."

"It's always my pleasure. Besides, when things are more settled, we'd have to start talking about the wedding. You deserve the most glamorous and extravagant wedding that I can give, Seri."

Those words caught her by surprise

Those words caught her by surprise. To be honest, with the country being ravaged by war, a wedding had been the last thing on her mind.

Her betrothed, Cha Sang Woo, who was not only a promising young man at twenty-four, but also her father's political ally. His father, Cha Woo Sang, was a prominent lawyer and a good friend of Seri's father.

Widely regarded as a rising star for the cabinet in future, the younger Cha had received an overseas education in the West, returning only to South Korea at twenty-one, months prior to the Korean War breaking out.

That was also when their respective parents had decided on their children's marital plans at a gathering, resulting in the betrothal taking place when Seri was at seventeen.

"It's also very nice to be back here again, Seoul has gone through so much. How dare they attack us, again and again...it is nothing short of inhumane and heinous..."

Seri could only nod out of courtesy.

For someone like herself who had voluntarily stayed behind in Seoul to help as a nurse until the day when artillery strikes, hand-to-hand combat and bombings were taking place, Cha Sang Woo's words were disgustingly empty.

Mistaking his betrothed's nod for agreement, the young bureaucrat continued agitatedly.

"Isn't it such a joke, that the seemingly infallible Western forces weren't able to hold off the North and their allies? We are talking about the United Nations...whoever would have guessed they were so...incompetent?"

That got Seri turning to look at him in growing disbelief— how hypocritical was that?