Chapter 6: Secrets

(Ok we are finally past my little 'not knowing how to put my words together' moment😄)

Derek POV*******

I was laying in bed staring at my wall when I heard a car pull up to the house. A few moments later I heard

"UNCLE PETER BROUGHT HOME A GIRL!" It was Cora my youngest sister screaming at the top of her lungs

I jumped out of my bed and ran to the top of the stairs. Was Peter cheating on Kainda!

But once I say the girl was Kainda I relaxed. WAIT! What is she doing her in the first place. What if mom finds out she's a hunter! Mom will kill her!

I ran down the stairs as Peter said something to Kainda, and walked into the kitchen where mom was. I ran up to Kainda.

"What are you doing here." I said in a whispered voice.

"My truck broke down" she said in a mocking hushed voice.

"Ok but why did you come here of all places" I whispered back

"Listen, I will explain everything later ok. But here is the only place I could think of, my father does not want me home for god knows why, and I don't know if you realized or not, but I don't really have any 'friends'." she said in a more aggressive voice.

But I didn't argue with her, instead I nodded my head and backed off.

By then, my mother and Peter were making there way back out of the kitchen.

"Well, it's nice to finally meet you Kainda." My mother said.

She extended her hand out for Kainda to shack.

"I have heard a lot about you." My mother added with a smile

"All good things I hope." Kainda said with a giggle

My mother laughed as well.

My mother then led Kainda into the living room while talking. They left me and Peter there in the entryway shocked.

"I didn't think they would get along so well so fast." Peter whispered

"Right!" I replied

(I'm honestly amazed with how many people actually are reading this😄, but thank you)