Chapter 7: Attetion

( I like this chapter. I finally got over my writers block! And the reason I like this chapter is just because it's cute. Read and you will get it.)

Kainda's POV***

"Take a seat, would you like something to drink?" Talia asked with a kind smile.

"No I'm ok, thank you." I respond

There was a awkward silence between us. Finally Derek and Peter walked in.

"So... am I going to tell her or..." Peter started to say as he was looking at his older sibling.

"Oh, yes. Peter told me about your current situation, kinda." She mumbled the last word.

"But you can stay here as long as you need, in the guest room." Talia said with one of those tones that is hard to explain but you know she means no Peters room.

I was about to ask something but she cut me off as soon as I opened my mouth.

"Derek, take Kainda to her room. yeah" Talia said demanding tone to Derek.

He tipped his head to the side indicating for me to follow.

***********

Once we got to the room I would be staying in I asked Derek the question I had been meaning to ask since we got out of the living room.

"your mom doesn't like me, does she?"

Derek turned around "WHAT!?, that not true, she just..." his voice squeaked as he spoke

I laughed at him "You don't have to lie about it. Trust me, I can tell.

"She just doesn't know you. Well other then the fact that your dating her brother and best friends with her son." He said sitting on the end of the bed.

"You know, when you put it that way it sounds way worse then it should." I said sitting next to him

"Yeah it kinda does." He said with a chuckle

We talked some more and had a few good laughs until Peter appeared, leaning on the door frame. He was intensely staring at Derek until he noticed.

"Oh look at the time. I should go get ready for bed." Derek said with a nervous laugh and ran out the door past Peter.

"You could have just asked him to leave you know." I said as he walked over

"What's the fun in that?" He said as he very dramatically fell onto the bed behind me.

I fell back so my head landed on his chest with a huff from him. Which I only respond with a laugh.

I stared out the window for a while as he was messing around with my hair. I looked up at him, his eyes were closed and his head was tipped to the side. He looked completely harmless and very vulnerable, at the moment. I took that vulnerability to my advantage. I quickly rolled over and on top of him. He perked up, surprised by my actions.

"Can I help you?" He asked looking down at me.

I simply just smiled and shook my head no.

He put his head back down and closed his eyes again. I frowned at his actions. I did want something, that something was attention. Which I was not getting.

I thought for a second then pressed my body a little bit harder against him. No reaction. I thought for a second again. I scooted up and kissed him. No reaction. I kissed him again but this time on the neck. Still no reaction.

I sat up on his lap and stared at him, hoping that he would sense my need for attention and my frustration.