I care about you

Max was staring down the clock right when it came to 3:00, she zoomed out of the class. As she was making her way out of the school, someone called out her name. She stopped and turned, it was Dustin. "Uhm, what's up Madmax," he said awkwardly. She rolled her eyes and kept skating. She was 16 and had no car because Neil thought she didn't deserve one. Dustin was chasing after her. "What the hell do you want," Max yelled. Dustin put his hands up in defense. "Ok, I get it I know you don't want to see but I just wanted to say I am sorry," he said. Max couldn't give less of a shit of his stupid apology. "Whatever" and with that she left. 

Mike POV

I saw the conversation with Dustin and Max. Something triggered me. I felt Curiosity and Guilt. Maybe if I wasn't such a dick to her, she would still be in the group. Eleven came up to me. "Hey babe!" She giggled. I used to love her, I loved the old her. This new her made me cringe but I didn't break up with her because I felt bad. Eleven lost Hopper and had to move away but when she moved back, she was a whole another girl.

The voice in my head told me to follow max.

I pushed Eleven off of me and followed Max quickly. Eleven was calling my name but I didn't care.

(At Max's Street)

Mike saw Max going inside of her house. I observed the house for a bit. It was kinda rundown and the grass was long as the fuck. "A girl like her shouldn't live somewhere like this," he thought. He climbed up her window.

Max POV

I was going up to room quickly since Neil was drunk. "Maxxxxie.." Neil slurred as he banged on the door. I quickly got up, and went to the corner of my room. "MAXINE OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!" Neil banged the door down and grabbed me by the throat. I was struggling to breath. He let go of me and punched me in the nose. I could feel blood drizzling down my nose. He picked me up and kept banging my skinny body on the wall. He looked at me for a bit and said coldly " Next time when I tell you to open the door, you open the fucking door." Then he just left. I just sat there trying not to cry.

Mike POV

Oh god. 

I just saw Max getting beat up by her father and I didn't do anything since that would get her in more trouble. Her face was still beautiful even when a bit bloody. Why am I even thinking this, I love Eleven. Right? 

Mike reluctantly knocks on the door which clearly startled Max. Max opened her window. "What the fuck are you doing here!" Max whisper-yells. " I know you don't want to see me but can you just let me in please," he says softly. Max moves to let him in. She sits on her bed. Max looks at Mike observing her room. Mike stops and looks at her face and body. He goes to her bathroom and gets a wet cloth and a first aid kit. Mike keels down and whispers softly " you're hurt." " No shit Sherlock." She chuckled. "This Isn't Funny!" Mike yelled. "I know this isn't funny! I know I am hurt and have broken family Mike!" She yelled. "You know what just leave  it's fine." Max says coldly. "No, come on pack your bags you're staying with me." he says. Max just stares at him. She slowly packs her makeup and clothes. Max and Mike climb out the window to Mike's house.