Curing Headaches - 2nd Edition

Eijirou Kirishima | Sick Bay

You leaned your head on the wall behind you, standing by Fatgum's agency while waiting for the redhead, pulling the cap's brim over your eyes. You tried to breathe deeply through this tension that came in waves between your eyes, hoping the shade of the cap kept the light at bay at least. Yet every breath felt like a heave, burning your sinuses while that tension still persisted. You promised to make this session after work. You were elated even days before until only a few hours ago when the onset of this pinpoint pain suddenly flowed in waves.

Your body slowly slid against the wall until you felt yourself sit on the ground, leaning your head between your knees to help ease the pain. You questioned how this precipitated in the first place having made a few patrols in your district as per usual, but to no avail, all you could think of was the pain.

At some point, you couldn't tell how much time had passed sitting outside Fatgum's agency, but a large hand pressed and squeezed your shoulder, shaking you gently from your painfully-induced nap.

"Thumper? What's wrong?" Spoke a familiar deep voice. You didn't have the strength to lift your head, only groaning a reply while your head still hung between your legs.

"How long have you been out here?" the voice asked again.

That groan turned into a whimper, unable to stand the incessant knocking in your skull. Still, that hand did not leave, feeling it comfort your shoulder.

Kirishima stood beside you, changed in casual wear after a day of patrol around Esuha City. He eyed the street, noticing his motorcycle still parked where he left it in front of the agency, yet turned to the state you were in. Taking you back to your place wasn't safe on his only mode of transport, and public transport alone wouldn't help either. Considering the options he had, he slipped both of his arms from under you without a word, lifting you up from the floor, and taking you inside the agency.

The sounds of the front double doors, the little chatter in the foyer and Kirishima's steps that echoed against the floor only exacerbated that throbbing pain in your head. You dug your head deeper into Kirishima's neck, pressing into his skin as a means to an end. At this point, you had no inkling what was going on, only that Kirishima had you, while he spoke to a few passersby, including one Suneater who you could hear the confusion in his voice.

A few doors passed by until Kirishima slowed his step while he gently lowered you onto a bed that wasn't the plushiest thing in the world. Just the feel of the stiff mattress made you realize that he had taken you into the agency's medbay, while you still kept the cap on your head. Still, laying down on a bed relieved the tension a lot better than where you were moments ago.

"Thumper?" Spoke Kirishima, his hand back on your shoulder again. "Can you hear me?"

"... Yes," you groaned, relieving Kirishima a little.

"Oh thank god," he sighed. "What hurts?"

"Head."

"Do you want aspirin?"

"Yes."

You wished you could say more, but one word answers were the best you could muster with your eyes shut and your body weak. You heard shuffling in the room, succumbing to the feel of the cool mattress underneath you before you felt a large hand grab yours, rubbing its thumb against your skin.

"Come on Thumper," coaxed Kirishima, encouraging you with his voice.

You groaned again, slightly in protest but your body moved against your better judgement. You weakly sat up, eyeing the glass of water and aspirin in Kirishima's hands before taking them. Without another word, you laid back in bed, pulling the cap over your face to hide away from the light in the room.