Curing Headaches - 3rd Edition

HANTA SERO | Surprise Visit

The downpour of rain cascaded across the city while Sero sat alone in his apartment, swinging on the hammock languidly. It was his day off from patrol, one of a few, but with the rain hampering the day, he decided to relax at home, scrolling on his phone through whatever social media caught his attention the most.

BANG

Sero jumped in his hammock, floundering about while it swung haphazardly until he stopped himself from moving. He stared at his front door, listening in for any more commotion only to be met by the sound of rain and light thunder instead. There was nothing, not a sound or a peep, but he had a niggling feeling in the back of his mind that he couldn't ignore.

Sero lifted himself from the hammock, walking towards his front door before he peered through the peephole. Still nothing, except for the cloudy colours of the storm outside. A moment passed while he pondered; surely there's nothing outside, yet he opened his door with a creak, peeking through until he spotted somebody laying by the door, collapsed on the floor.

Sero stopped to spot you, breathing heavily through your teeth while your eyes were shut tightly.

"What are you doing here-?"

"Shhh, shut up," you hissed, cradling your head in your hands. "My head feels like it's ripping apart."

You trembled in pain, curling into a ball on the dirty concrete floor, soaked from the rain. He eyed the apartment hall, finding nobody in sight before he grabbed you from under your arms, and dragged you into his apartment. Shutting his front door, Sero continued to drag you towards his couch, before he eyed his hammock on the other side of the room. He contemplated, giving in to his better judgement when he carried you in his arms, walking towards his hammock.

You only groaned, feeling your weight scrape against his timber flooring and the sudden inertia of him lifting you up. That headache swam around your temples, only adding more strain with every movement he made.

"Not too fast," you grumbled angrily. "Everything's spinning."

"Sorry," apologized Sero. "Hope you like hammocks."

You felt him lower you into the hammock, feeling its gentle sway take your weight while it almost wrapped around your frame. The rocking sensation eased your head a little. You almost felt light, floating within the hammock's soft fabric. More grumbling slowly escaped your throat to catch Sero's attention, yet you couldn't form any more words, now exhausted from the pain that rippled through your brain. You succumbed to the swaying motion of this hammock again, until you heard footsteps return back to you.

"Take this," spoke Sero, holding out aspirin and water for you. You peeked through a sliver of your eye before you quickly took the medication to swallow it whole. You only returned back into the safety net of the hammock, its sway slowly rocking you side to side.