The Bad Ending

Life asked Death, "Why did people love me but hated the idea of you?"
Death responded, "Because you were a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth."

KATSUKI BAKUGOU

The world grew smaller with every second that passed, unable to force yourself back down with gravity alone. The vortex sucked you into its maw, spinning in the air while your limbs flailed, hoping to grab hold of anything to keep you from floating into the abyss. Every piece of debris smashed into your limbs and collided into your body, pushing you further into the void.

The cry of Ground Zero, Katsuki Bakugou, sped towards the sky amongst the chaos of the cityscape, reaching out for your outstretched hand with a mighty grip. Fighting against the vacuum, his arm hooked the rail of a skyscraper, holding you in place while he felt the pull of the void continue to suck you in. Bakugou fought against this powerful force, pulled his weight and yours back towards the rooftop, gritting his teeth and feeling his muscles strain.

"Katsuki!" You yelled, gripping onto his gloves.

"Don't let go Lightweight!" He yelled back, still pulling as best as he could. Whatever power gripped onto you, it continued to keep its hold, feeling his shoulders almost tear at their seams.

The rail suddenly bent from the pressure, tearing from its bolts and jolting Bakugou's grip on you, slipping through his gloves. He grunted while his arms still held on, but no matter how hard he tried, this force overwhelmed his own.

"Goddammit!" He cried between his teeth, his hand clutching onto yours tightly that his fingers grew numb. The rail continued to bend out of shape, its structure weakening from the strength of the abyss above.

Bakugou's hand began to slip. His eyes glanced at the rail before it gave in from the vacuum, tearing from the concrete of the skyscraper's rooftop. His glove slipped, his grip gone, flying with you in the air until-

The crushing sound of stone echoed before a large hardened hand grabbed hold of Bakugou's, violently halting both him and you from flying into the dark abyss above, his feet planted into the skyscraper's infrastructure. Bakugou's eyes widened in surprise, while the roar of the vacuum rushed against his ears.

"Kirishima?" He yelled, eyeing the redhead with his feet dug into the concrete.

"I got you Bakugou," he cried, his large hardened hands gripping tightly on Bakugou's wrist. He was an anchor, watching the two Heroes whip in the air, while he pulled against the force of the vacuum. He felt the prick of tears in his eyes, ignoring their existence in his aid.

"Katsuki!" You yelled with tears of your own, your hand slipping within Bakugou's. "I can't hold on!"

"Shut up Lightweight!" He reprimanded, gripping tighter.

A sudden jolt travelled through the chain of hands, finding Kirishima's feet dragged along the concrete. The weight was too great for Kirishima to hold and anchor all of you. The fear crawled through your spine, feeling your tears spill harder than ever. Bakugou still held steadfast onto your hand, feeling your wedding band sear into his skin. He never stopped pulling you back towards him, only to feel the jolt again from the inertia of the vacuum into the massive vortex above.

His grip was slipping.

"No! Don't let go!" He cried, his eyes on you. "I won't let you go!"

It felt like a moment, a second in time, where the twinkle of your ring caught your eye in front of Bakugou's pained stare. His eyes pricked with the twinkle of tears, fueled by fear. It was what you felt, and he was the same. His eyes were the last thing you held onto before the touch of your fingers slid from his, feeling your ring slip from them.