What If... ? | Nobody's Perfect | ProHero!Dabi x Traveller

The streets were bountiful with the heavy foot traffic of its citizens, mostly salarymen and salarywomen dashing for their atypical desk jobs, making the usual rounds in the street whether by foot or public transport. Within this dense forest of people, you mindlessly went about your day listening to the sound of music that drowned the marching patter of the crowd around you. Social media has been a great distraction from the drab, skimming through your Whistler page for any news on the home front. Musatafu was filled with many adventures. One day you pass by a minor fight in the streets between local heroes and thugs, and another you find yourself marvelling at the result of a bank heist thwarted by major Pro-Heroes that headlined once in a while. But nothing compared to the large city billboards that decorated the largest intersection in Musatafu, highlighting the best of the best. It was mostly for endorsements, yet you couldn't help but smile at the coolly-collected grin of Musatafu's most infamous hero rising - Paragon.

As of late, he had garnered much attention on his rising stardom in the city - nothing less coming from the son of the city's most recently proclaimed Number One, Endeavour. Watching the billboards swap to his image was always a pleasant moment in your morning stroll, and yet a tone caught your ear from your phone. It looked to be a Whistle from the Pro-Hero himself:

Wish me luck! But I really don't need any against the bird-brain :P

With already over thousands of likes, it was no surprise you were late to the announcement. Much of the hype behind Paragon was his application to rise in rank, soon to outdo the current Number Two, Hawks. It was common knowledge that the two were in cahoots with one another, but were competitive all the same, especially now with Paragon eyeing to take Hawks' place. To think that two of the youngest Pro-Heroes in the major leagues were equal to Endeavour and even All Might.

It was inspiring.

"Hey, slowpoke!" called out your friends ahead of the crosswalk. "Come on, we're going to miss it!"

"Ah, coming!" You chimed back, hopping through the crowd to join your pack of friends. A ruffle of your uniform caught you unawares while you pat down the crinkles that showed. UA was coming to a close in your chapter of your life, now with the advent of offers being sent left, right and center. Many of your friends within the social circles had already a handful or a few, some already with their mind set on where they were headed.

You on the other hand had no clue. Or rather had no way of making a decision. Your bag carried all the offers that had reached out to you for that first step into the Pro-Hero circuit, yet one letter had yet to be opened, still sitting amongst others who had written lofty proposals. Its insignia still bore into your mind, anticipatory and nervous all the same with the worry laced in your brow.

What if...

What if you weren't accepted into the one agency you hoped to be a part of?

What if... you missed your chance to work with him?

——

A crowd congregated around a large area within the central metropolis of Musatafu, guarded by a translucent dome that shielded the public and yet entrapped two young men as if they were on display. It brought out the enforcement of Musatafu's police force, turning their attention to traffic controlling the public shy from the clear dome walls. Many phones and devices glinted in the afternoon sun, snapping photos and catching glimpses of the Pro-Heroes that stood before each other, stretching their limbs, and in the special case of one, his wings.

"This is unconventional," mused a friend while his eyes peered through the dome's walls.

"You're telling me," said another. "Are they really going to duke it out?"