12. Being there for you

Harry pov, 28-02-2020 (present), age 17:
Harriette was gonna be here any minute and I was makinh a mess of the kitchen to distract Harriette from Cj later.
Harriette came in and she looked at me.
"Hey." she said as she picked up her phone.
"Hey." I said.
"Where's Cj?" Harriette asked and I wuickly grabbed something.
"Oh, still in her room. I'm pretty sure she fell asleep." I said.
"Are you sure she didn't do-"
"Dammit!" I said as I accidentally put my hand on a freaking knife which was in one of those stands.
"What the hell did you do?!" Harriette said as she saw the knife through my hand.
"Arggg... fck..." I said in pain.
"You're losing quite some blood... Maybe you should sit down for a moment... I'll grab some wonder water..." Harriette muttered and I sat down on the cough with this huge pain in my hand.
Harriette looked at me.
"This will hurt." she said as she pulled the knife out, which hurt a lot!
I managed to shut up instead of yelling.
But I gritted my teeth in pain as Harriette put wonder water on the wound.
It healed pretty quickly but it stung a lot!
"Better?" Harriette asked and I nodded.
"Yea... Thanks..."
"Do you want me to help you clean that mess up?" she asked as she nodded to the kitchen.
"I'll manage, shouldn't you go back to Gaston jr?"
"Yes, but he can wait."
I grinned and Harriette looked at me.
"Come on, then we got it done in less then half an hour. Otherwise you'd be busy for the rest of the evening."
"Okay fine. You're just as bossy as dad."
"Oh funny."
"Can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Why did you tell Cj not to change her hair?"
"I knew you'd ask that..."
"So what's your answer?"
"Because I wanted to make sure she wouldn't do something she'd regret. I mean it's not a little change she wanted to. It was just a random idea because she saw something. It's not like she actually thought about it."
"So you weren't just saying no... Got it."
"You thought I was acting like dad?"
"Maybe a little..."
"Trust me, dad wasn't always like that. He actually cared for us once. Until Cj turned four..."
"Dad cared about us? I don't recall that."
"When you were four years old, there was some sort of virus going on the isle. It was only effecting kids around the age of 5 and lower, it was also deadly for them. That's why dad kept you inside, like all the other villains did with their younger kids too. But obviously you had to sneak outside."
"Oh yea... I actually remember that!"
Harriette chuckled softly.
"You should've known how much you worried me and dad..." Harriette said and I looked at her.
"Are you okay?"
"Yea... It's just... I still think about it sometimes y'know... You were almost dead..."
"Hey I'm still here. And I'm not going anywhere for a long time... Literally, I'm stuck here 'till I'm 24 since Cj will be 18 by then."
Harriette chuckled and she looked at me.
"I know Cj dyed her hair partly green."
"Wha-"
"You should be glad that I know. Thanks to me it's temporary instead of permanent. I switched the labels. She thought she had permanent but she has temporary."
"You- How- When-?"
"Hey, don't try to teach me how to know when my little siblings are up to something."
"Can you guys tell me what happend back then...?" Cj asked and Harriette looked up as she saw Cj.
"Goblins..."
"Why don't you go wash your hair, so the dye comes out. It's getting late. Then we'll talk tomorrow, okay?" I said and Cj nodded, she definitely heared everything.
Harriette sighed.
"Yea, I should probably get going as well."
"Okay what's going on?" I asked.
"What if I screw up? I don't want my kid to end up with just one parent or-"
"Hey, don't worry about that. You'll be a great mom. And you'll have Gaston jr. by your side no matter what. It's like you guys were made for each other."
Harriette hugged me and I grinned.
"You left your phone here on purpose didn't you?"
"You know me too well little brother." Harriette said as she stood up.
"I'll see ya tomorrow."
"Bye sis." I said and she left.

Let's say Cj was really glad that she had her normal hair colour back and I stood in her doorway.
"Maybe you should listen to Harriette more often." I said teasingly.
"Only if you do the same thing." Cj said with a smirk.
"Ha, but for real. When you do something like this. Even when Harriette doesn't want you to. At least tell me, okay?"
Cj nodded and she looked at me.
"How come neither of you were mad at me?"
"Because we used to do the same dumb shit. Now get some sleep. You're probably gonna enjoy the story tomorrow, or at least be tied into it. Y'know."
"Terriblenight Harry." Cj said with a small smile.
"Rotten dreams Cj." I said with a smirk as I went to my own room.

Outside story note: no memory this chapter because it was gonna be wayyyy too long, sorry guys!