Strawberries

In case anyone was wondering, Kongpob didn't like the small human's friends. Especially the noisy one. 

That Bright boy had brought a bestiary to find what animal he was, -as if it wasn't obvious that he was an Ouroborus Cataphractus-, and every time he saw an animal's picture resembling him, he pulled him next to the book and compare them.

Luckily, after the fifth time he did that, Little Thing took him back and made sure he held him protectively so he wouldn't fall out of his lap. The small human soothed and caressed him with the tenderness of his affection, and without replying to his caresses or his assurances, Kongpob's irritation gradually subsided, and he fell asleep despite the noise.

They should be glad that the weak, clumsy and helpless Little Human got him to sleep, otherwise he would have burned them all.

Humans were annoying as hell. And the small ones were the worst.

-

"'Thit, you sure you don't want to try the summoning again?"

"Why should I? I already have a familiar." He said softly, caressing scales on his back.

"Well, your 'familiar' is the most antisocial being I've ever seen... he just spends the day sleeping."

"He's nice to me."

"'Thit, he literally ignores you. It's been almost a month already, and even though you treated his wounds he hasn't told you his name yet."

"It's because I haven't found the right one yet." He replied Prem, casting his eyes down sadly. "Besides, I don't think he's recovered yet. He continues to refuse food." He mumbled as he kept stroking him softly, no doubt believing Kongpob to be asleep.

"Oon, demons don't need to eat like we do."

"But I think he's hungry. He's just being stubborn."

Kongpob grunted. That was not true. He wasn't being stubborn. The only reason he didn't eat -even though he was hungry- was because there was nothing he liked enough to bother.

... and he didn't want to give in to the kid.

Okay, maybe he was a bit stubborn. But he was a red dragon. Stubbornness was just one of their major distinguishing characteristics.

"Don't worry Prem, you can go back and play with the others. I'll stay here with him."

Prem looked a little bit unsure, but then he accepted it and nodded his head in agreement. He was sad his friend wouldn't play with them, but he couldn't force him. 

Ever since Oon had summoned that grumpy lizard he stayed always with him. As soon as school finished, he ran home, and told to a very disinterested lizard about his day. Then he'd spent the rest of the evening with him, mostly stroking him while he slept.

Prem watched as Arthit kept stroking the sleeping creature, he sighed and glared one last time at his friend's precious burden. He really didn't understand the younger kid. Wad, his familiar wasn't the friendliest either -the wolf spent almost all his time glaring at him-, but it appeared still to be better than this one.

Arthit stared sadly at his friends playing with their familiars. They seemed to really enjoy themselves.

He sighed.

A reptile wasn't on his list of possible familiars. However, he had to admit his familiar was really cute. It was just a pity he was always tired.

His gaze dropped from his friends to the sleeping lizard. Yet again, he sighed.

"Why don't you want to eat?" He murmured softly. "You're worrying me sick."