Insecurities

His Home

May 20th

Now in the middle of May and Millie had not heard much from Lilia which meant she probably wasn't having much luck.

Millie was busy looking through a pile of papers she had printed out, the most recent ideas and findings Lilia had gathered, but she wasn't seeing anything worth trying, nothing that would work...

She sighed and laid back on her bed. They needed some sort of unknown miracle to happen if Millie was to have any chance of escaping this marriage. She lifted her head a bit at the sound of approaching foot steps and spotted Finn.

"What are you working on?"

"Oh nothing important." Millie moved a little to quickly to clean up her mess. She wasn't really up to discussing the whole thing with Finn again. For right now he still seemed to be ignoring the  ordeal and she wanted to keep it that way for as long as she could.

Finn ended up joining her on the bed and using Millie's lap as a pillow. He closed his eyes and let out a tired sigh.

"You okay there?" She smiled and ran a hand through his hair.

"Fine. Just have a little headache, nothing a nap can't fix right?"

"Or some ibuprofen, I can go get you some." Millie started to move, but Finn shook his head.

"But you're my pillow, you can't leave."

"Don't you want the headache to go away quicker?"

"I suppose..." She let out a giggle and moved his head gently so she could get up.

"It won't take that long."

She was back with the medicine and a glass of water as quick as could be. Finn gulped the medicine down and drifted off for awhile on his reserved side of her bed.

Nothing exciting had really happened over the past few weeks. It actually became quite boring after Lilia had left. The duo hadn't seen much of Caleb or Sadie either, they had been off most days on different dates and activities.

Sadie would enter the code on Millie's door and run in every few nights to fill Millie in on the sweet things or exciting places Caleb had taken her to.

However, she learned the hard way it was probably best to knock on Millie's door now that the brunette and Finn were sort of an item.

Millie ran her hands down her face at the embarrassing memory of Sadie barging in her home to see herself and Finn lost in a heavy make out session on the couch. The brunette had been practically straddling him and they hadn't even heard Sadie come in until she shrieked.

An embarrassed Finn and very flustered Millie jumped apart to quickly and she had fallen to the floor trying to gain her breathe and refusing to get up and face Sadie.

"You have more than one bedroom in this suit of yours, even a few bathrooms for gods sake and you choose the living room where everyone sits?! Definition of get a room!" Sadie yelled at the both of them.